Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.

Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.

Its a secret buffy don't even bother asking lol.. I've ask on ever thread his commented on for some pic of it..... his scubber is stamped with TOP SECRET .. wraped in a sea weed conspiracy and thrown in the middle of some food flake pile.

Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Ha! You are right, it is top secret. I posted some pictures of my fish room as "new pictures of an old reef."

It was built by a tank company as to my specification. Made of heavy black acrylic it uses a dump bucket that empties every 10 seconds and dumps across the frag area and algae screens. This scrubber sits on top if a 100 gallon sump with chambers to eliminate bubbles. It then routs thru a 80 gallon storage tank that brings the system water volume to just over 400 gallons. The scrubber is lit with 150 2 watt LEDs. It has been running 19 years to date. The fact it is black acrylic makes it very difficult to get a shot that makes sense when you look at it. May shoot video this weekend.

Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.

Buffy said:
Hahaha, I'm special....He gave me some info on it. If there was a smilie sticking out tongue giving raspberries, I'd paste it here LMAO.

Thanks for the info, definitely way past my knowledge and skill base. I'm glad it's worked that long for you, no body makes anything that lasts long these days.........everything is "disposable" even the expensive stuff.

Im hurt so hurt... next forum name.. sexie lexie ..maybe my questions will answered by greg more often.

Tank Logging Software

I am wondering if anyone has used any of these programs, still use them and what are your opinions of them?

Aquarium Tools | The Aquarium Toolbox - NO

everyday software : maquarium - NO

AquaTrax Aquarium Management Software - possible

My Aquarium Log - possible

Aquarium Lab - NO

Aquarix Aquariumsoftware - possible

Aquarium Software - AquarioGest - possible

Thanks everyone :)

EDIT: I've eliminated a few. If anyone has a chance to take a look at these and give me your input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
I don't think many use programs such as those.. I use excell .. great to use if you know how..

As you know I use that drodi app my aquarium. I used it religiously at first but now with so many tanks I dont use it much. It does let you track when you add fish and corals though which is kinda cool.

Excel sounds like a super idea....I should think about that...or maybe creating a small access database, really easy to do in my opinion.

Thanks, I don't really want to use a spreadsheet. I know how to use Excel but I hate charting and graphing and "programing" with the if/and/but/or. Well you get the point. I'm too brain dead after work that I don't want to think. I want to input and see whatever trends, charts and such with a click. LOL, I'm down to two choices.

Thanks for your input. I kinda figured there were no answers because most DIY logs and such.

i just started using my aquarium log and i absolutely love it! its simple enough to not be annoying but in depth enough to cover everything. only downside is you have to register on another site, but its free:)

i just started using my aquarium log and i absolutely love it! its simple enough to not be annoying but in depth enough to cover everything. only downside is you have to register on another site, but its free:)

Thanks, I did that too.

Water Test Results

Salinity 1.025 :-(
Temp 82.4 :-(
Ammonia 0 :)
pH 8.0 ?
No2 0 :)
No3 160 :-(

Sure you are! This is where the fun begins! LOL

DO you have a tentative stocking list? there;s something to do!

Sure you are! This is where the fun begins! LOL

DO you have a tentative stocking list? there;s something to do!

It's only the wish list I posted earlier in the thread I think and then there's the stuff I like in my signature (don't think I added fish to it yet). Still don't have anything to feed whatever I end up getting and kinda sorta broke.

Back
Top Bottom