Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's because you spent to much time with Rubber Maid in your sump.LOL
Just kidding,glad you got your sump set up good now.

He got the Rubber Maid and I got the Rubber Man. lol And stretch didn't accomplish anything either except changing the chanels. lol

Yeah that's what I thought nitrate test is shot I just replaced it with an elos nitrate test expensive but very accurate

Yeah that's what I thought nitrate test is shot I just replaced it with an elos nitrate test expensive but very accurate

Thanks, I'll have to check them out online. No one around here carries it. Go figured, mine was made march of this year too. Grrr. So wasted money.

There 30-40$ Canadian from jl aquatics out of Vancouver. FYI results are different shades of pink if you want I can post a pic of the color card for you

Buffy The glass is half full :dance::dance::dance: Not half empty I'll be 50 the end of the month and im just hitting my prime Tuesday i dumped my mtn bike and cracked a rib got my bike fixed and im goin back for more lol Do what i do When it looks as it cant get any darker Light a fire (y)

There 30-40$ Canadian from jl aquatics out of Vancouver. FYI results are different shades of pink if you want I can post a pic of the color card for you

Would post for me please? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Buffy The glass is half full :dance::dance::dance: Not half empty I'll be 50 the end of the month and im just hitting my prime Tuesday i dumped my mtn bike and cracked a rib got my bike fixed and im goin back for more lol Do what i do When it looks as it cant get any darker Light a fire (y)

Thanks Grizz, you made my day!! :), I needed that kick. I just rode 15 on my bike to and from an appt. Got poured on and still enjoyed the ride. I missed my bike. I didn't feel "old" before my surgery now...Hard to "get back in the saddle" Off topic here so pm me the chatty stuff ok?

RO---- Well ya'll I guess my RO/DI is working well. I started to make water about 11:00. Figured I make it for an hour before I left and make more when I got home. The brain being "half full" (lol Grizz) OOPS I forgot to turn the water off before I left as mentioned above. Was gone 4 1/2 hours, came back, happened to "hear water running" lol...........and...........

talk about CLOSE CALL.

With the other readings being different too, it's possible I have a "defective kit" for lack of better words. Since it was manufactured in March of this year, do you think they will send me a replacement kit?

RE:Close call, With luck like that i would have gone out and bought a lotto ticket.

I would send it back to them with a note explaining how you are just a poor working person that spent all this money on a test kit that went bad in just a few months. Bet they send you another one.

RE:Close call, With luck like that i would have gone out and bought a lotto ticket.

Right LOL

When I first saw the pictures,I was trying to figure out why you had a mirror in Container.LOL

That's the window LOL.

I would send it back to them with a note explaining how you are just a poor working person that spent all this money on a test kit that went bad in just a few months. Bet they send you another one.

I got it at LFS (sorta LFS-65 mile away lol), gonna see if I can contact them and see what happens. Thanks

here's that pic for you buffy.

Attachments

• Photo_00001.jpg
    Photo_00001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 106
Thanks Mike. Appreciate it. Which tests do you have using that brand? How have your results been with them? Some tests you trust with that brand and some not? Understand where I'm going without asking all the questions LOL? Maybe simply would be.....your opinion on the pros/cons of both brands. Thanks.

Anyone else....please share your experiences with what you use (and have used) to test your water/monitor your waters and what you've decided to stay with and why. Thanks.

I only have the nitrate test. It uses a powdered and a liquid reagent which makes the test a little bit slower and more complex. My lfs uses them for all their testing as well as tank service/ lease programs

I use API for ammonia, trites, trates and Ph. I use salifert for phosphates, nitrates (in my sw tanks),magnesium, calcium & alkalinity. The salifert tests offer a much better accuracy and range in my opinion. They can be a bit more complex to run but they are really good in my opinion.

i run red sea tests on my 125... works great and the accuracy is spot on (except when one went bad due to age)

Thanks guys. Went out of town to dr today and they have a lfs there. Went in and talked to lady and she gave me the phone number to call and tell them about my results. She also suggested I run a test on my tap and straight ro/di before salt and see what happens, if they are the same then to let the manufacturer know that I have a bad lot.

She also had ohhhhhhhhh ready.............Green Mandarin soooo pretty, 4 Maroon clowns, 2 little and 1 med and 1 BIG well bout 4 inches I think. A huge sandsifter, an orange star fish, 2 sizes of the (I wanna say dottie) was 2 colors purple and something, I'll look it up later. Am so used to seeing just pics on internet and little ones, that OMG I was wanting to cry they were so pretty and I am so stuck LOL. She was gonna give me a damsel (10.00) to "try" in my tank since the problem with the water and "if" the damsel was ok, I would keep it til I started stocking and got good test equipment then take it back and give me credit for it. Don't get me wrong she sounded like she rather the "fishless cycle" too but since my water issues, we were gonna try it but she had none. I was hesitant to try it to as I told her I don't want to kill anything or make it unhealthy but as she said, she had no problem with it as she would know what to do for it when she got it back to make it better. But I'm still glad she didn't cause it was sooooo tempting. But I do think although expensive a little on equipment, I will be going back there to check out the stock again.....LOL I forgot to look at the fish and coral prices cause I was so stunned by the Mandarin and the Maroons. The one was almost as big as my hand. I'm sorry was rambling. Gotta get on bike, then gonna do all the water tests again and then call API.

Thanks for the info on the tests. I think I will order all three kinds, but of different tests so I can see how they correlate. Like ph for one nitrate for another and nitrite for another. IE I'm not gonna order 2 brands for nitrate.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering these online AND feeling comfortable that they are not getting expired? Bad batch I can understand but not expired.

Thanks again all. I'll be back to post test results.

Also, anyone who does freshwater, I posted a few pics last night about Oscars, I need help please, Thanks. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/fish-problems-questions-164519.html

I've ordered all my salifert from aquacave and have not gotten anything even close to expired from them.

yeah acutally seeing a mandarin in person is SOOOO tempting, the pictures dont even come close to doing justice in terms of their color and beauty

Back
Top Bottom