Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree Buffy, tank looks very clean. :) And love how the light worked out for you, looks awesome!

I see sooo many places to put corals! LOL

If you're bored.........

:thanks:Everyone for the encouragement to keep plugging along.

@Carey, I don't see where to put any Corals....Least not where they won't fall off. LOL

I've uploaded the pictures I've taken. Photobucket doesn't seem to sort them by date very well.

If you're bored here's the link to my album (some duplicates and blurry til I can go in and organize):

http://photobucket.com/Buffys_Aquarium

If you go and check them out, someone let me know if you can get to any of the other albums and which ones. If you can get to the one labeled Marshfield, I would appreciate ID's on the pictures. I have a couple written down but I'd like confirmation if possible.

Thanks again for all your support everyone.

P.S. WOW I put in some Krill tonite and my Banggai Cardinalfish went nuts, absolutely scarfing it all up, the other two fish only got a little bit cause that sucker was so fast LOL, so when he slowed down his feeding frenzy, I tossed in a little more so the other 2 could eat.

Purple Dartfish eating good, but my Pajama Cardinal has been eating like a bird.

WooHoo

My aquarium stand is done and will be delivered tomorrow afternoon:dance::dance::dance:. It took him less than 2 weeks to build it.:dance: I can't wait. Well I can kinda, cause got a big job of moving everything around. But what can I say, WOOHOO I'm excited.:dance::dance::dance:

Pics

Here's my new stand. It has a slide out shelf on the right for setting stuff on. How's it made? Will it hold the weight? Last pic is the back, I'm gonna take a pic of the inside top and post in next post. He also put a piece of solid wood under the bottom so I didn't have to and put the face over it. As you can see in my other tank I have wood under the tank and shimmed, so I will only need to shim on this one. Gonna take pic of underside top. The top also has a "rim", I will take a pic of that too.

More stand pics

1st is top right with shelf partially out, 2nd is the bottom side of that same side with the shelf still partially out, the block of wood appears to only be there as a block to stop the shelf as it's slid back in. 3rd pic is the underside of the other (left) side of the top and back to show the extra wood strip that will hold the power strip. The fourth is the underside of the top left.

While I was taking pics I noticed a couple of flaws, if you notice them please let me know if they will make a difference to holding power.

Since I don't know construction, I posted these in hopes that those with that knowledge will let me know if this is going to be sturdy enough.

1 more stand pic

This is the bottom of the stand showing the sheet of wood I asked for so I didn't have it showing.

I thought there should be a brace in the front too, I know it would be a pain to get in the tank but makes me leary not to have one.

I'm gonna wait til I get more info here on the stand and also on my post bout my coral. I don't want to move everything to have to qt or treat or anything.

As much as I'd like more corals and fish, I'm not buying anything for awhile. I have alot to do for now with this tank. Move everything onto the new stand, build the sump/fuge and unfortunately I don't have any umph to do even that. Especially since when I got ready to start, I saw my Encrusted Horn losing it's flesh. My tank and parameters were friggen fine too.

For now my only goal is to try to keep what I have alive and healthy.

If these perish, the tank will be wiped and restarted somehow, though I don't know when.

Don't get discouraged Buffy, it happens to all of us. The sump will go together real quick, you'll see. lol

Are you going to make your own sump or buy a premade one? have you considered overflows yet?

Back
Top Bottom