Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Buffy. I have a 12 bulb fixture with 2 purple plus, 4 blue plus and 6 aquablue specials. I recently moved the purple bulbs from the front of the fixture to the back so it's not as purple. Here are some shots of the lights on, hope they help.

Thanks Carey. It's not as blue as I thought it would be with 10 blue bulbs. Aren't you using any of the whites?

wow buffy. i dont think i would make it a day in your world. your a better woman than i am.

LOL, sometimes I don't want to be in my world. I'd be happy to switch with you for a day, just so I can have a break lol.

Guess what the next day, I came home, started up the RO to make water for this weekend. Forgot. Went to sleep and woke up flooded again. Grrr LOL, I said the heck with it and went to work. Came home and said it can dry on it's own. Wasn't dealing with that too. It's dry now.

I really need to get an auto cutoff. Guess I'm gonna be ordering something, when I order bulbs.

Plug soaked in water?

So with my little flooding of 2 1/2 rooms of ro water, I decided to get that mixing going for my pwc now that my container is full. Soooo I top of my tank and then empty my brute a little so that when the pump goes it doesn't overflow again lol. However, the pump plug decided it wanted to go swimming for a few days. Anyone got a clue bout how long that needs to dry out before I can plug it in the outlet. I really don't want to have a perm in my hair today.

The 6 aquablue plus's are my whites, they are at 12k spectrum. Then theres 4 really blue blues, the blue plus's and then the 2 purple plus's.

I found that for my fondness of blue I like a split half and half between specials at 12k and blue plus's. :)

I'm gonna let the plug dry out til next week, I put a spare aqua 50 in there. So water is mixing. Light fixture is on floor ready to be diagnosed for complete damages.

Thanks Carey, I wasn't sure cause they all had the blue word in them lol.

@ Coffeewitch, yeah but with my luck....................... lmao, jeez you'd think I'd loose a few pounds with all the laughing I have to do cause of all the crap. Wanted to quit smoking but instead I increased. Go figure :)

Any suggestions for a top off so I can let my baseboards dry out totally without flooding them weekly????? Especially since I never know when I'm gonna sleep or how deep?

Light results

I have 5 working bulbs, all six sockets are working. 3 white and 2 blue so only one blue broke. However since 4 bulbs are on 1 plug and 2 are on the other, I only have 4 working bulbs. Seems like the sockets are wired that 2 sockets on the same path need to have contact for those to work. Sooooo 6 sockets, 4 sockets to one plug but they are paired so if one of 4 doesn't have a bulb then only 2 sockets work.

So I had 2 blue on the one plug and 1 blue with 3 white on the other.

Should I keep the 2 blue on the one plug and have only 2 white lights with it or should I put a blue with the whites and have 1 blue and 3 whites working?

Til I get another bulb that is. Any suggestions yet on a bulb, blue? purple? white? Brand?

I have my four blues on one switch so I can have a total blue phase. I have the purples mixed in with my whites.

I have my four blues on one switch so I can have a total blue phase. I have the purples mixed in with my whites.

I like the blue phase, that's what I had done with mine. I put the 2 blues on one switch and the other blue was with the 3 whites.

I was kinda thinking a purple with the whites but I hesitate cause I want to make sure the everyone in my tank gets the right spectrums they need. And if you read back, (lights and I don't get along lol) though I may make electricity and try to keep lights on at work, doesn't mean I know anything about it LOL.

If you go to www.purewaterclub.com they have a float valve and a coresponding cutoff valve for sale. It would work with any RO/DI

Thanks, I'm kinda tired of waking up and finding I've flooded three rooms again. I hope those walls dry out and don't get mold inside them.

@Coffeewitch - I would end up with that mold lol, cause so YOU wouldn't have to worry about it. LMAO :)

Ok, I have my light back on my tank, gotta order a light bulb yet. I rewired the pulley with sturdy connections now so when I hook that up tomorrow that should be good. I need to get two more wire clamps first. So right now, fixture is cleaned up and sitting on top of tank. :)

RO water is mixing still. Got side tracked with 2 grandkids camping in my living room tonite, so since they are finally sleeping am going to get my water testing done and see where I'm at with my RO so I can do pwc tomorrow. Temp of RO is 77.2. LOL that was an easy glance.

All is well in Buffy's tank............so far..............knock on wood..........:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: lol

So I ordered a purple ATI bulb and a level cutoff for my RO/DI. Now maybe I won't flood anymore lol.

I have the lights finally hung safely and level. They are off to the left about 2 inches but when my stand is done that will be corrected.

Tested my water last night, all ok except Alk was 3.86 and Calcium was 460. I didn't test Mg as I fell asleep.

Hopefully will be able to do the pwc today. Missed yesterday.

Lots of little bubbles on most of the rocks in various places so am adjusting on my powerheads. There appears to be movement everywhere so don't know what is causing the bubbles yet.

Just being a new tank. They will slowly disappear. I had the same thing when I added new rock. Not to worry.

Glad you got what you needed. Flooding has got to suck. lol

I assume soon we will have a new FTS with the lights all properly hung?

:-D

Glad you got what you needed. Flooding has got to suck. lol

I assume soon we will have a new FTS with the lights all properly hung?

:-D

Obviously - but once the new bulb arrives and is in. :) I don't have the phosphate reactor in and my phosphates were .2. I gotta check into my calcium and alk though.

Im kinda confused at this statement

Looks like you ain't the only one.

Hahaha. I know she's a she. So I very well couldn't say she was a better man than I am. I don't think I could put up with the list of crap she is. I have a hard enough time not going postal at my job. And it's government so really what's so serious there?

I've got a bad attitude or a low tolerance for blatant BS. Probably both though.

Back
Top Bottom