Building/adding a refugium to a running tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goofyjas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, newbie here to the site.
I have a fast question and I am looking for some ideas.

I currently have a 110 oceanic DRR tank set up running with a sump below, and in the sump there is some room where i could add my own refugium and build it inside the sump. I have been looking at glue or epoxy and trying to find something that I can use while the tank is up and running and not hurt or harm my fish and corals. any ideas?
I wanted to box some of the open areas in the sump off and just build like a small 14x14 refugium in the sump, or would it be suggested to just buy a new larger sump and glue it then hook it all up? I would like the refugium addition to my tank and am open to ideas.

All of the plumbing in the tank was done by me for the tank so I would have to keep some of the things the same or I would have to redo some plumbing.

thank you in advance for your help or ideas.
-GJ

Find a 14X14 plastic container and just set it in the area you want. If you place live sand & rock in it then it will stay put. Drill holes where appropriate for water flow. Refugiums don't have to be fancy.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice :!: :mrgreen:

IMO, Bang Guy has your easiest solution right there. find something that fits, add a few inches of sand and drop it (not literally!) into your sump and add some LR, macro algae and find a light that will fit over it but not generate a lot of heat (this is under your stand you said)

Back
Top Bottom