Bullseye Mushroom ate my sally light legs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arod-diaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys i have a very awkward question last night my sally light legs went MIA! i noticed that my bullseye mushroom (large) was closed and something was inside trying to get out. Is it possible that my sally light legs was eaten by the mushroom?

I doubt it too. Could they be a part of it's molt?

Bad News

Yes my initial asumption was true. There was never any molting. My bullseye mushroom attemted to digest my sally lightfoot and did not manage to do so. He spit him out and he is stuck inside a membrane it is amazing how this happened! I will post pictures once camera is charged....has this ever happened to anyone....remeber its a large bullseye mushroom.:confused:

Here are pictures to prove bullseye mushroom ate my sally lightfoot!

You tell me does this look like molt?......

Attachments

• P4030246.jpg
    P4030246.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 92
  • P4030248.jpg
    P4030248.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 89
You`ll need to pull it out and break it open and see. Like I said the molt looks like the real thing. Many a person has started a thread saying their crab died only to find out it was a molt. It`s just very hard to believe that a mushroom could catch a crab.. I have hundreds of mushrooms and have never seen that before. But maybe this is a first.

you want me to break the membrane open? Ive seen his molt and this is nothing like molt. its in a membrane!

Break the shell open and see if the insides are there. I`m trying to be discreet. LOL

Back
Top Bottom