Calurpa Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I heard calurpa algea can purify the water of a marine tank.So my marine tank water got a little cloudy and I thought I could get some calurpa algea from my LFS.I know they sell them there.My lighting for my marine tank is florescent lighting.And I need to know if the algea needs any requirements.My fish in my marine tank include:5 damsel fish,2 pajama cardinal fish,3 percula clownfish,1 algea blenny,2 marine mollies,and 1 blue legged hermit crab.

-amphibianboy528 :D

Algae won't help with water clarity. It will use nitrate and phosphate in order to grow, so it can help with water quality. If your water is cloudy, you have some other problem that macro won't help with. As far as requirements, all it needs is a little light. It will grow faster and use more nitrate... with more lighting, but basic flo. will be fine.

What size is your tank, how old is it, what are your lastest water test results, and what kind of filtration are you using? The reason for your cloudiness will likely be in there somewhere.

If your water is a bit cloudy, what is your amonia? A small amonia spike will be enough to make your water a bit cloudy. As indy stated, the calupera will not clear up the water, but it does help reduce the nitrates and PO4 in the water. A lot of people use it in their fudge. As, try running some GAC to see if that clears up the water. Good Luck...Lando

Back
Top Bottom