Can I place my clam here - Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm trying to move things around so I can squeeze in another clam. This is where my derasa clam is now (middle upper tank next to the frogspawn)

img_849931_0_bad549ca32607f212e70a15af06e3916.jpg

Do you think I could move him over to this place or would the mushrooms/kenya tree/xenia bother him? I currently have him next to some xenia and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it (but the frogspawn is too close for comfort). I'd like to tuck him in between the kenya tree's and the mushrooms....

img_849931_1_400b966543e759dd7383cd6a705840b0.jpg

Do you think this would work??

TIA

Tank looks good.

I wouldn't want any LPS near the clams. The kenyan tree probably wouldn't bother it. Mot sure about the shrooms...I wouldn't take the chance. And definitely nowhere near the star polyps. Then can cover it up, although I don't think it would hurt it. I've seen some pic of clams covered with star polyps and zoo's. I had my anthelia (similar to xenia) rubbing the clam and it didn't bother it at all. It's similiar to the pom-pom xenia. I think the longer silver tipped xenia might sting it a little tho.

MsBean- sorry for being off subject but I was wondering if that is a 72gallon tank you have? If so, how does it work having the regal blue and yellow tang together with 2-clowns? I have a 75gallon and would really like that combo of 2-tangs but didn't think I could do it. But now that I see you doing it (if it is a 72g) and also I think Ziggy??? somebody else with a 72 and a powder brown and yellow together, it makes me want to attempt it too.

MsBean- sorry for being off subject but I was wondering if that is a 72gallon tank you have? If so, how does it work having the regal blue and yellow tang together with 2-clowns? I have a 75gallon and would really like that combo of 2-tangs but didn't think I could do it. But now that I see you doing it (if it is a 72g) and also I think Ziggy??? somebody else with a 72 and a powder brown and yellow together, it makes me want to attempt it too.

It is a 72 gallon bowfront. Everyone seems to play well with the exception of a few minor squabbles between the yellow tang and hippo tang (which only lasts for a couple of seconds).

I am faithful with weekly 20% water changes and a good sized skimmer to boot to keep up with water quality.

I'm sure some of the other guru's will chime in with some advice too. Good luck!:)

wow thats beautiful!

How do you keep all your corals from spreading all over? Mine grow uncontrolably, If I put any of my corals that close together, the'd grow ontop of each other!

-TheChad

He's not attached to anything so he's easy to move.

He is right now but if you want to move him you better do it now. He will attach himself where he is if he stays there long enough. I wanted to move mine but he is stuck tight and you dont want to damage those cords that are under him.

He is right now but if you want to move him you better do it now. He will attach himself where he is if he stays there long enough. I wanted to move mine but he is stuck tight and you dont want to damage those cords that are under him.

yup, I was kinda thinking the same thing.....but does your clam come into contact with any of your corals? I'm worried about my clam coming into contact with my kenya tree coral and mushrooms.

What do you think?

Ya know..I had one of my clams that my RBTA was touching, some clove polyps and my Anchor coral were also touching. I saw no reaction. I moved it anyway to be safe, but it was there being touched by all three for a good two weeks with no problems. My other clam sits inbetween porites and zoos, touching both all day...have had no problems with that either.

To be on the safe side I would make sure the corals are not touching them esp. the LPS corals

Back
Top Bottom