can they be in the same tank together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can you have a Watchman Goby or a Bluespot Jawfish or a Mandarin as tankmates?

For our new 40 gallon long we want some nice colorful fish but we're worried about if we get any combination of two of the above. Anyone have any ideas/thoughts?

John

I would say that you could have all three, in a large enough tank. The only place I see a possible conflict is the jawfish and the watchman, although if they are added at the same time, I doubt they would be a problem. One thing to note, it is not recommended to try housing a mandarin until the tank is very mature with a healthy pod population and on a 40, I would also recommend a healthy fuge (which I know you have planned), just give the tank time to mature for the fish.

Thanks for the advice and info, Kevin!

We're just trying to figure out what to look forward to. We're not going to do it right away. These are all very pretty fish & we're trying to decide what fish to put in. We realize it'll take some time but since we got the stand finished this past weekend, we put the substrate in & water & it's ciculating now. We're gonna get the LR soon & get that going. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have the sump & fuge started & circulating also.

Back
Top Bottom