Cannot figure out how to hook up my Barracuda RO unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a pic below, I got a Drinking water kit with it that has a tank/faucet and an in line TDS meter. I'm assuming #1 goes to the tank? But then I only have one other hose going to the faucet right which I guess is #2, but what hooks up to the #3 T connector spot? The directions are pretty much useless. And where does the inline TDS go, there are 2 T's on it, one labeled in and other other labeled out.

Here is the picture of the instruction sheet for my unit. There is also a picture of the instructions of the Dolphin with Drinking water adapter. It almost looks like how I could hook it up but spot #3 on mine is a T connector?

ok. starting from right side (as picture is veiewd) the black tube goes into the pre filter, just below the gauge, then from that to the carbon filter (bottom middle) then from there to the RO Membraine which is the bigger Horizontal one. the in is the single center connector. then on the other end of the RO is two out's, one in the center and one towards the outside. the outside one is the waste line (yellow tube) that just get dumped down the drain. the center tap goes to the UV (smaller top cylander) right side as you look at the pic, then out the other end down too the DI, wich is the third vertical cylander in the ride side (by the middle canister) and then out the end (left side) with some blue tube and that is the good water.

That makes sence, I think somebody put mine together wrong. Everything is the same as you explained until the RO unit. One goes to the waste(yellow) and the second tube comes out and split in a T connector. One end goes to the Top UV canister and the other end goes into the DI canister. So I"m not sure why I have these other 2 T's on here. The other T which is #3 in my pic, is right next to the other T I just explained except this one has a open spot on it?

do you have a inline TDS meter? with in and out measurments? the probs are made to fit into a T. also forgot to mention the line coming out of the middle contaner (bottom), should go to a T. one is for the gauge and the other goes to the ro

other thing is do you have a Flush kit? you would need T's for that aswell.

Yes, I do have an inline TDS however both probes are already hooked up to T's so I have no idea where they go. I just don't understand what these other T's are for, especially the one that has an opening yet? Should I just unhook them and hook it up like you mentioned?

The bottom does split to a T with one end going to the gauge and the other going to the RO unit.

I do not have a flush kit but should have ordered one.

ReefRaff said:
With a TDS there should be three T's. two for the TDS, and the one that splits to the guage.

But I'm saying the TDS gauge is laying here with T's already on the ends of the probes then there are 3 more T's on the unit, one of which has an open end and the other goes to the gauge like it should. I unhooked the 2 that seemed to be doing nothing and hooked it up like you listed above. That way makes sence to me, water flow through each cartridge and then to the tank and to the faucet.

The input connection is leaking, right where my last unit did before I got rid of it. My pressure gauge says 78, is that too high or something?

then if you have two extra T's, and if it came whith an extra valve like mine did, then you have the makings of a flush kit also.

let me know if you need any more help.

actually it did come with an extra valve and I do have 2 extra T's so how do I go about making a flush kit?

Do you have any idea why this is my second RO unit that has leaked at the input, is my water pressure too high at 78?

no mine runs between 80-100. I would inspect the tubing closeley. also remove the tube and make sure there aren't any burres on it and that it is seated properly. but now that u mention it mine did too, and eventualy stoped itself. but im always constanly pushing tubes in to make sure.

Flush kit;

On the yellow hose wher it connects to the RO. if you pull that tube out. in the end, there should be a needle restrictor. you need this to make the ro work so. remove that restrictor and set it aside the trim some tube of the yellow. 3" or so. if you could visualize a straight tube whith both T's in it aprrox 12" apartt . so 3" of tube, then the first T, then lets say another 10" tube in the other side. put your restrictor in this ten inch section and push it into the t oposite the 3" peice then the second T on the other end. then the rest of the hose oposite of that. now you should have a straight line whith two T's and to open holes with the restrictor between the T's. take two more peices of tubing, say 5" each and insert them into the T's. then fit the valve between them. should look something like the flush kit listed at www.aquariumwaterfilters.com

when you want to flush the RO just open the valve to bypass the restrictor for like 60 seconds, then shut the valve for normal operation.

Back
Top Bottom