Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Cannot figure out how to hook up my Barracuda RO unit?

Here is a pic below, I got a Drinking water kit with it that has a tank/faucet and an in line TDS meter. I'm assuming #1 goes to the tank? But then I only have one other hose going to the faucet right which I guess is #2, but what hooks up to the #3 T connector spot? The directions are pretty much useless. And where does the inline TDS go, there are 2 T's on it, one labeled in and other other labeled out.

Old 01-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is the picture of the instruction sheet for my unit. There is also a picture of the instructions of the Dolphin with Drinking water adapter. It almost looks like how I could hook it up but spot #3 on mine is a T connector?

Old 01-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
ok. starting from right side (as picture is veiewd) the black tube goes into the pre filter, just below the gauge, then from that to the carbon filter (bottom middle) then from there to the RO Membraine which is the bigger Horizontal one. the in is the single center connector. then on the other end of the RO is two out's, one in the center and one towards the outside. the outside one is the waste line (yellow tube) that just get dumped down the drain. the center tap goes to the UV (smaller top cylander) right side as you look at the pic, then out the other end down too the DI, wich is the third vertical cylander in the ride side (by the middle canister) and then out the end (left side) with some blue tube and that is the good water.
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That makes sence, I think somebody put mine together wrong. Everything is the same as you explained until the RO unit. One goes to the waste(yellow) and the second tube comes out and split in a T connector. One end goes to the Top UV canister and the other end goes into the DI canister. So I"m not sure why I have these other 2 T's on here. The other T which is #3 in my pic, is right next to the other T I just explained except this one has a open spot on it?
Old 01-08-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
do you have a inline TDS meter? with in and out measurments? the probs are made to fit into a T. also forgot to mention the line coming out of the middle contaner (bottom), should go to a T. one is for the gauge and the other goes to the ro

other thing is do you have a Flush kit? you would need T's for that aswell.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, I do have an inline TDS however both probes are already hooked up to T's so I have no idea where they go. I just don't understand what these other T's are for, especially the one that has an opening yet? Should I just unhook them and hook it up like you mentioned?

The bottom does split to a T with one end going to the gauge and the other going to the RO unit.

I do not have a flush kit but should have ordered one.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

wher is the T that has a open end?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

With a TDS there should be three T's. two for the TDS, and the one that splits to the guage.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRaff
With a TDS there should be three T's. two for the TDS, and the one that splits to the guage.
But I'm saying the TDS gauge is laying here with T's already on the ends of the probes then there are 3 more T's on the unit, one of which has an open end and the other goes to the gauge like it should. I unhooked the 2 that seemed to be doing nothing and hooked it up like you listed above. That way makes sence to me, water flow through each cartridge and then to the tank and to the faucet.

The input connection is leaking, right where my last unit did before I got rid of it. My pressure gauge says 78, is that too high or something?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

then if you have two extra T's, and if it came whith an extra valve like mine did, then you have the makings of a flush kit also.

let me know if you need any more help.

Tags
ro unit, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com