Caribbean LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok not seeding with 10 lbs, seed with 16 lbs (that's the min order from Dr F & S.

According to the site: Because the rock is uncured, more biodiversity can be found on this type of live rock

just make sure you cure this before you start adding things into your tank.

Oh I like to cure it in my tank for a good while first before I do anything else. But is 15 lbs enough to seed 30 or even 50 lbs of base rock or should I just use all Caribbean LR? I love that price, even with the shipping it's cheaper than lots of places.

The cost between 45lbs of Fiji $150 free shipping and doing 16lbs with out shipping, is not economical IMO. But, if it fits the budget hey,,,,Do the best you can with what ya got

make sure you take not of the shipping costs on the rock. It usually costs close to $1 - $1.50/lb for shipping.

Etropicals.com is owned by the same company as liveaquaria.com I suspect its the same rock aswell.

No the rock on e.tropicals is different. And yes I have came up with 5 different combinations & costs. I keep finding cheaper ways to get the rock I need. Their shipping on both sites is $1.19 for 2 day.

You might find that this rock is more dense than some of the other live rock types out there. So the rocks might end up being smaller than you had thought but still weight the amount you specified.

I thought you was not looking to buy for a while yet?

We got orders last week to be moved to Missouri. We are moving 13 June so that means I get to start my salt tank after we move instead of waiting till my husband gets out. No pont in starting it here & having to tear it down only after a year & a half so I was just going to bear it and wait till he got out & we bought a house.

We figured that since he had less than 2 yrs left & we didn't get orders that we're never going to and so he decided to get out of the Air Force March 05....But since we did out of the blue he has to extend for atleast a year. I told him I was not waiting 3 years to start my salt tank. He said I could start it after the move.

So instead of doing a larger 80-125 gal in our new home, I'm just going to keep with my 55 gal since we'll still be living in base housing. I should get to keep this one up for at least 3-4 yrs hoping we can stay there till he retires. With this extention (for an instructor position) to go to this new base he'll be half way to retiring when it's done and he might as well stay in. One day we will get to stay put & buy a house & then I'll upgrade to a larger system.

Hope that explains it all. :D Anyways for the 50 some odd days left till the move I'm doing all my planning now so I can start right away when we get moved in.

I just got some great MI LR from www.oceanlife-int.com I paid for 100 lbs & got shipped 320 lbs got chargrd for 290 lbs @ .37 a lbs $140 for s+h so it cost me $340 for 320 lbs about a buck a lbs shipped :x-mas: No stink ,a little color,some life.I would buy there again.Now what am I going to do w/ all this LR? tank is 75-80% full w/ LR only. :D

Wow I just looked at their site, they don't charge for shipping????? Not bad prices if I understood that shipping is free.

oh ok I see now that still doesn't sound bad. wow .37 cents a lb to ship is very cheap

Hey thanks for the site, they'll definitely be at the top of my list when I need my LR at the end of June after we move. I have a 55 gal so I figured for 50 lbs of rock & shipping thats $118 & change. How can they ship for so cheap? And isn't MI LR one of the better nicer LR's.

Back
Top Bottom