Catching a hawkfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devil doc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just recently purchased a hawkfish and now have noticed the all to familiar white" sand/salt" spots on him. I plan on moving him to a QT tank but I can't catch his little fast butt. Any ideas how to wrangle him to catch him. Luckily, he is the only fish I have in the tank. I just don't really want to undo all my rock work. I don't want him to die if I just ignore it. But, I hear hawkfish are pretty hardy of a fish. So guess my question is how should I catch him and should I do the fresh water dips and QT for 6 weeks.

Attachments

• image-130206193.jpg
    image-130206193.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 65
Do you have any corals or do you plan on a reef tank? There are reef safe meds you can use that people have had some success with. QT is important if you don't want to treat your DT. If it was the only fish I would probably hope for the best with garlic and reef safe meds. Don't put any other fish in the tank for at least 7 weeks after the last spots leave the fish and keep a close eye on the gills they like to hide out there.

I believe you leave the lights off for a few hours, then shine him with some bright light. he should be pretty slow and easy to catch then

Back
Top Bottom