center piece janitors suggestion with a DSB Coral only tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. I have a 45G tall DSB coral tank thats almost done cycling with the water slowly but surely getting to safe water parameters,a nd on top of all that will have quite a few additions. Its going from having 128 watts of DIY 6500K PC's to a single 250 10,000K metal halide with two 03 PC actinics! Its also going to lose its Filstar XP3 canister filter to a 29G sump/refugium. The funny thing is that I am not interested in fish, maybe a single Domino if anything (love their attitude and the fluorecent white dot), so I was thinking of some interesting and/or pretty shrimps to have in my tank as a janitor crew and center pieces on top of my corals. I was thinking a Pacific cleaner shrimp (scarlet shrimp), one I don't know its name but looks like a white samurai shrimp with some large dots... but other than that can't think of anything else. I found a cool crab called a spider crab which I want to get, plus thinking about some emerald crabs. I am not a fan of the nudibranks nor the cucumbers. Thanks for reading and please.. suggest away and if you can warn me of compatibility issues :D

Skunk cleaners are always a good bet. Peppermint shrimp are reef safe as well as fire cleaners but some say the fire shrimp do not acclimate the best in an aquarium. For the above pairs or more will ususally do better and be seen more in the aquarium. You could also buy a coral banded shrimp however if you want more than one you MUST buy a mated pair or they will fight to the death.

yes... for our purposes.... do not buy a Coral banded.. Just get yourself some cleaner shrimp.. I would recomend 2 skunk and a blood red if you want somehting pretty.. anyway get them in pairs not odd numbers or that could be a problem

Doan

Back
Top Bottom