Chaeto lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minkin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am looking into getting some chaeto for my tank. I would put it in one of the back chambers in a DIY style fuge.

Would it be possible to just put my light over the chambers at night and run it so I don't have to use another light.

I'm using the innovative marine skkye light dimmable dual strip.

FYI - My tank is a 30g fowlr

Most lights will work so been told and Ive got 3w led clip on light for laptops to try when get some as waiting for cheato. Some people will turn the cheato light on after tank light goes of as spouse to keep ph more stable

Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if there is minimum amount of watts or kelvin you need?

to run your light during the night will cost you a lot of money - electric bill.
i am currently using this fixture and it grows cheto great. if i remember correctly it uses only 6w. it doesnt need too much light...

Innovative Marine Skkye Light Utility LED

I was hoping to not spend that much on a light.

Also I need some kind of basket/box to hold the chaeto in.

Do you know anything that I could use. The problem is, is that my chamber is very small like maybe 3inch by 3inch.

So I need something small to put in there that then my chaeto can go into

I got one of those screw on metal clamp lights with a 40 w cfl bulb from ace hardware. The whole setup was $15. For the chaeto holder you could use a small colander or a little basket from a craft or dollar store.

Back
Top Bottom