Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Clean up crew--110g reef---???

I am going to get a 110g sw aquarium with 2 ocellaris clowns,a blue tang,a bi-colored blenny,yellow tang,and probably a flame angel-----2 inches of sand,and 85-100Lbs.of rockwork----------is my planned clean up crew good?--6 turbo snails,1 random small snail available at store,3 hermit crabs,1 emerald crab,1 mini brittle starfish,1 cleaner shrimp,1 peppermint shrimp-------feel free to give advice or recommendations on my cuc plans!!!---thanks---

Old 05-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

In my 55 I have at least 60 snails and another dozen hermits. Got a sea hare and a serpent star too.

I think you could beef that up a bit. Unless you want larger snails over smaller ones.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok so how about like 2 more turbo snails,another hermit crab,and another small starfish?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Check out this link and pick a CUC pack for the size tank you have.
Aquarium Algae Reef Cleaner Packages: Algae Eating Fish and Detritus Feeders for Saltwater Aquariums
At least look at what they recommend for a tank you're size and then go to reefcleaners.org and get the same setup cuz reefcleaners is cheaper.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think your tank can def handle a bit more. Most of them you won't even see like the snails. I agree with Mike, check out whats recommended for your tank and go to reefcleaners.com. I've placed a few orders with them adn they are great!! And super cheap too! I will say though if you go through them get a smaller pack than what's listed for your tank. they really over do it there. I got a 25g crew for my 55g tank and it was still a tad much.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

One thing about reefcleaners you get extras. The last package I got was enough to take care of my tank and 2 of my friends tank. The only snail that I didn't really like was the nerites because they kept kept crawling out. Like Carey said go for about 1/2 the size.

Tags
clean, clean up crew, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com