Clean-up crew for 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gouramiboy9142

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! So I'm still in the process of setting up my first saltwater aquarium, which is of 55 gallons. I just had some questions concerning inverts and clean-up crews for it. So I plan on having 4 Nassarius Snails, 2 Pom Pom Crabs, a Cleaner Shrimp, and a Tuxedo Urchin. What do you guys think? Should I make any changes? Is it too much? Too little? Also, can a Fire Shrimp be safe with a (Skunk) Cleaner Shrimp in this size of a tank? As always, all advice and suggestions are appreciated!

-Diego

I mean, that might be fine. It depends on the system and what works for it. There isn't a magic number or calculation for a clean up crew.
In terms of the fire and cleaner shrimp, they might not have any issues together in a 55.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I was a little worried about over or under-stocking. I'll definitely have to take some time to check out those reef cleaner packages. Thanks again!

- Diego

Check out reef cleaner packages. Highly recommend.

This guy is pretty good. I haven't had any dealings with him personally for years, but when I did he would always answer any questions you have in terms of any specific concerns you have that you're working on in your system along with always giving more than what you order.

Back
Top Bottom