Cleaning coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have seen post about cleaning algae and things from your corals using peroxide. My local petco had a 50% off on all corals so I bought a few frags and the plugs are covered with who now what all. What I'm asking is what amount of peroxide to what amount of water and any other helpful hints you can give me on cleaning them up thank you

I use a 50/50 mixture of peroxide with tank water and it took about a minute soak before it started to look clean again, I rinsed the coral with fresh tank water again before print it back in the main tank. I did this during a water change so it would be easier

I just pull it off and use some old tank water and a toothbrush to brush off what I can.

+1

Not all corals will react well with peroxide. Just brush off what you can. If you keep nutrients in check the rest will go away on its own.

I had a frag once with all sorts of algae on the plug so I brushed it clean then stuck the plug into the sandbed for a month, killed everything, plug came out of the sand white.

Another idea is just to take the frag off the plug if possible.

All depends on the coral though, of course with zoa's or something like that my advice is useless...lol

Back
Top Bottom