Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Clip On Cooling Fans for MH

Does anyone have any opinions or thoughts these set-ups? No CFM rating, but very convienent for my issue. I am installing 2-175 MH in my existing canopy (55gal) The lights will be approx. 5-6" over the surface. The canopy is an open back. I thought these, blowing in from the middle of the back would somewhat pressurize the canopy and move the warm air around the sides and out the back? Cutting fans into the canopy is not an option, or would 6" clip ons blowing on the water (and sump)be a better solution to evacuating the hot air? The feedback on Ebay is positive, anyone with real experience with these? or opinions?

2 Fan - 5.5" X 4.7"

4 Fan - 10" long X 5" High

CrossRamZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow those are pretty sweet looking. I like them. I have a 6" clip on on top blowing across the water and one in the sump. I may move both of them to the top though.

angelscrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bolted an 8" desktop fan to the back of my hood. It was ~$7. I'll bet it moves more air than that thing, although it looks cool.
Gatorfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com