Clip On Cooling Fans for MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrossRamZ11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any opinions or thoughts these set-ups? No CFM rating, but very convienent for my issue. I am installing 2-175 MH in my existing canopy (55gal) The lights will be approx. 5-6" over the surface. The canopy is an open back. I thought these, blowing in from the middle of the back would somewhat pressurize the canopy and move the warm air around the sides and out the back? Cutting fans into the canopy is not an option, or would 6" clip ons blowing on the water (and sump)be a better solution to evacuating the hot air? The feedback on Ebay is positive, anyone with real experience with these? or opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salt-water-Reef...oryZ3212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

J.T.

2 Fan - 5.5" X 4.7"

2fan_02.JPG

fansideview.JPG

4 Fan - 10" long X 5" High

4fishfandim.jpg

2fishglass.jpg

Wow those are pretty sweet looking. I like them. I have a 6" clip on on top blowing across the water and one in the sump. I may move both of them to the top though.

I just bolted an 8" desktop fan to the back of my hood. It was ~$7. I'll bet it moves more air than that thing, although it looks cool.

Back
Top Bottom