clown anenome behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just got a green BTA . he seems pretty happy. it moved about 4 inches from where i put him a really anchored into a hole in a rock. my clown noticed it today and is head butting the foot and out side of the BTA. i have never seen one head but the outside. is he trying to move the BTA? do anenomes every reject a clown?

steve r

Was a lot of the anemone exposed or was a lot of the base? If it was sucked in the clown might have been trying to get in. It will take both of them time to get used to each other. Ive never seen any anemone reject a clown. Just give it some time
I have a Green BTA with a Wild Fire Clown

you are probably right. after i wrote the thread i went and looked and the clown looked like the meat for a clown fish burrito! just his tail was sticking out of the BTA. the fish also started plucking algae and rocks from the area around the BTA, swimming away and spitting them out. and fanning a spot on a rock with the his tail. they are crazy little fish :D

steve r

Back
Top Bottom