Clown fish sticking to one spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sromero4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My boyfriend and I spent over two weeks cycling our 20g saltwater fish tank for two clownfish. One we named memo who has been in our fish tank along with his pal McCain for about 3 days now. Memo in particular likes to stay in one spot near the front of the tank and has not moved all day. Is he unhappy? I've over fed them, and have gone easy on the daily feeding. This is my first fish tank and I am so lost. Please help. :( thank you!!!

how did you acclimate the clowns? and what type of clowns are they/where did you get them?

Clowns tend to do that. They'll find one spot, their home, and not venture too far away from it. My last clowns used to stay in the top right back corner. If all your parameters are in order then i say give them time to get used to the tank.

thats what i was gonna say, if the acclimation went alright and they werent in total shock, than theyre just gettin used to a new home.
i asked where they got them cuz some friends and i got a few from petco, and none of our clowns made it longer then a week. after proper acclimation and all that jazz

Many say their clowns do that. Mine did it for the first couple weeks but after I started adding additional fish they started venturing out more. Now, the are are all over the tank on a regular basis. In a 20 gal tank you will be very limited on the number of fish but one I think would work for you is a 6 Line Wrasse. Also, the Blue Green Chromes are very active and may draw them out. Problem there is you should do them in odd numbers and they recommenced at least three.

Everything was going well but we got an out break of free floating green algae and we bought a UV Sterilizer but the bulb wasn't working so we can't get a new this Friday. He is hiding beneath this shell but it started today. I want to make sure that everything is alright. The UV Sterilizer should be operational come Friday.

Attachments

• image-126482814.jpg
    image-126482814.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom