Clown hosting Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just was so happy this morning wanted to share it with everyone.
This morning i wake up turn on the antic lights on and there he is my Ocellaris Clown is hosting the sand Anemone.
Finnally it took him about 2.5 weeks i was starting to think he would never do it, i even brought that Anemone especially for him.
So that made my day.
:D :D

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!! Im so jealous!!!! My BTA and clowns have been in the same tank for 4+ months and my clowns are still "scared" of the anemone XD I too bought the anemone and went to all the trouble just for the clowns. My silly clowns just won't give up their pumps... haha

I just want to let you know that, YOU ARE SOOOOOO LUCKY! Can' wait to see some pictures ;)

lucky my clown "plays" with my mushrooms and hides amongst them
it pays no attention to the anenmone they been in the tank for at least three months together ,maybe next tank :lying:

LOL, the day i put the sand Anemone in he was looking at it but would never go in it he ventureed over had a good look and the gets scared LOL I was going to by a bubble tip this weekend for him, but guess i dont have to, so i am very happy.
FishFrik
My BTA and clowns have been in the same tank for 4+ months
that would frustrate me soooo much.
I am sure they will get there sooner or later.

pics will be up as soon as i recharge the battery. :D

for ne one whos trying to match i previously had an LTA and wanted a fish with him so instead of taking my chances at the lfs i bought an indo - pacific tomato clown off liveaquaria.com jus to make sure he was from the ocean and he went right into my LTA so maybe yall will have the same luck. i also bought a hawaiin clarki for my BTA and he also went in after about 20 min i put the BTA in but i jus got lucky on that one.

for ne one whos trying to match i previously had an LTA and wanted a fish with him so instead of taking my chances at the lfs i bought an indo - pacific tomato clown off liveaquaria.com jus to make sure he was from the ocean and he went right into my LTA so maybe yall will have the same luck. i also bought a hawaiin clarki for my BTA and he also went in after about 20 min i put the BTA in but i jus got lucky on that one.

You have a point there... I wish went with wild perc... XD Both of mine, false and true perc are tank raise... so they host pumps haha

Awesome. Can't wait to see pics.

My clowns are hosting fools. They like to host everything and it never takes them long to find something new in my tank.

This is a great relationship to watch and always exciting when it happens in your tank...congrats!

Remember...the anemone is the host, not the clown :wink:

Cheers lando...

I will post pics as soon as i get a new camera... damn thing broke last night :(

I will try with the phone.

Anyone have any luck with more than a single pair of clowns? I have a couple false's, and I'd like a couple more, but not sure which, if any, will get along. The two I have now are the least agressive fish I've got (they're like so unagressive, its like negative aggressiveness.)

as promised some pics enjoy
img_679540_0_8ed56f12a74329a5d7cb11c9cd533af3.jpg

img_679540_1_ff4109c9b8169456101224bc167d9423.jpg

img_679540_2_7be63e1d45443324f3498292174a6203.jpg

Yes he is eating some blackworms... little pig. :)

Im SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Great pictures 2revup! Can I borrow your clown for awhile so he can tell my clowns that they should host anems instead of pumps XD

lol I have heard so many people complaing about fish with pumps. Most of these are Tank rasied, do you know if yours were wild or tank?
I have to say i was very surprised with the pics myself as I took then witha camera phone, and 2 be quite honest they look really bad on the phone..

I have to say i was very surprised with the pics myself as I took then witha camera phone, and 2 be quite honest they look really bad on the phone..

Wow ur phone is awesome then. I didn't even notice it was taken w/ a phone ;)

My true perc female is a tank raised. Im not sure about my ocellis male. He does seems to be smarter and more shy than his wife... so i think he's a wild caught. How big is your clown? Maybe mine are just too small and not ready to host yet... at least i hope that's the reason XD

Back
Top Bottom