Clownfish Suicide.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi been off the boards for a while but i need some advice. I just walked into my room and found one of my clownfish lying on the ground next to the tank dried, and shrivled up. He apparently jumped out of the tank. I only had 2 clowns in it. Is this common for clownfish to do? I do have about have the tank covered with a glass top for the light to sit on. Should i have more? Has anyone else had this problem?

I had one of my two clowns (the bigger one) leap out of the tank trying to bite me. They will jump, but mine only do it in an attempt to bite me. You could put some eggcrate over the tank to keep them inside and still have adequate air flow for 02 exchange.

Matt

I think they mean something more like this, one of the images that come up googling "egg crate"
eggCrate.jpg

Yeah, I had a clown do it too....not too sure why either, but he decided to go carpet surfing at the wrong time!

haha yeah he decided to see what was going on outside the tank, I cut a gym bag apart and made a temporary barrier against my other clown jumping. Do you know where to get that eggcrate stuff deep 7??

haha yeah he decided to see what was going on outside the tank, I cut a gym bag apart and made a temporary barrier against my other clown jumping. Do you know where to get that eggcrate stuff deep 7??

I know they sell it at Home Depot or Lowes. Just tell them you want the egg crate for lighting (cause that's what it was originally used for). It's pretty cheap and very easy to cut through. I used a dremel and it worked great!

Yeah, just off 27th street and Fitzgerald road. hehe

Try your local yellow pages under plastics. Should be shops that specialize in plasctic containers and such that would have something you could use. There might be easier and cheaper places to get it, but I don't know any offhand.

Okay... I'll spend 2 minutes searching .. .. .. seems if you go to Home Depot you can buy something in the flourescent lighting section called "egg crate" or "light diffuser". People use this to line the bottom of their tank so that their rock doesn't sit on the glass, then cover it with substrate.

I think that picture I posted is the product from Home Depot. It came from the same thread.

Back
Top Bottom