Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Question Clowns about to lay eggs?

I noticed my clowns are always cleaning, and are varry agressive every now and then, the female under side right by the fin gets pretty big then small again. So I am not sure what is going on here. i keep hoping that they will lay eggs, but nothing seems to be showing up all though they always act like it. How can you tell if your female is starting to develop eggs? is there any good sights that show a day by day picture of it? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

-Cody

Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

they will lay eggs in a hole in the sand ot in a cave and they will always be there. look on youtube there are videos of clowns laying eggs

Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti_Leo View Post
they will lay eggs in a hole in the sand ot in a cave and they will always be there. look on youtube there are videos of clowns laying eggs
What about in corals though? they are always in my colt coral.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

they don't usually lay eggs in corals its usually beside the coral/anemone they host. the eggs look liek green mossy algae and you'll see the female lay them then the male will do his business on them
Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti_Leo View Post
I was under the impression clowns laid there eggs on the smoothest flatest surface they can find. Thats why people will put a small tile in there tank for them. I have never heard of them laying eggs in a hole in the sand or a cave.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

its possible i've seen videos of then layign eggs on rocks and in indednt areas in the rocks on the sand. thats why i said it, i just saw a video of them laying on a tile also and on the side of an over flow

Tags
clown, clowns, egg, eggs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com