Coldwater w/ Catalina Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Anyone keeping coldwater SW tank? With Catalina Gobies? Looking for some experiences and with smaller tanks say 35G in particular would be great info. But any coldwater, pics too? :flowers:

You don't hear much about cold water tanks. Usually because they aren't as widely offered stuff and you have to collect it yourself if it's even legal in the area.
There was a really cool Pugit Sound setup that was simple but left me awe struck. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is what I have found, one website selling things and basically 1 decent article, though not much real "keeping" info. I won't be out heisting things from the ocean, being in Colorado and all. ;) Always curious about alternative keeping and learning more about the hobby.

Most temperate tanks are made from thicker material to better insulate them. I've not seen any on here, but if you check nano-reef there are quite a few cool (no pun intended ;) ) temperate builds.

Living on the pacific ocean (north) I can see why cold water tanks arn't real popular. The stuff in the ocean just isn't as cool. We have bright purple starfish but the actual fish are really boring. Silver and brown mostly. No coral at all as it's just too cold and the anemones aren't that colorfull either. It'd probably cost a fortune to chill the water constantly too.

Thanks so much for the link. I read and viewed a few of the others listed with it too all so interesting. No one mentioned Catalina Gobies though.

Did you see the article in the last Reef Hobbyist on cold water reefs? Lots of good info in there on requirements and equipment for a cold reef tank. I don't think it talked specifically about Catalina gobies (which are beautiful fish!) but does show some other very interesting cold water inhabitants you could get to go with them if you do a cold water tank.

Back
Top Bottom