Compatability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok in my 200 Gal reef i have now 4 clowns 1 tomato which hosts in my large bubble coral, 3 occellaris or false percs, the largest (male because the female jsut died from some freaky disease which i made a thread on in the disease section) is about 2.5" and the other two are maybe 1" they tend to try and host in everything they can on the right half of the tank. Now i know introducing clowns after the fact can cause problems but ive done it before without any.

What i wanted to do was buy this 5-6" Maroon clown female. On the left side of my tank ive got two large healthy condylacus anemones he could host in and i know the clowns he is going in with would leave him alone just because of sheer size. Would he ignore the other clowns because he is being introduced last? It is a large tank where territory should hopefully be ok if hes got like 3-4' of the tank to himself.

what do you all think? :?:

This is very difficult to predict. Maroons are the most agressive of the clowns and by its size it could very well decide all the other clowns are violating its new space. It could also work out that the new clown finds a spot it likes and does not venture very far from it. Of course you can never guarintee that it will host in the anenome you want it to either.

The largest perc is now instantly the female.

Back
Top Bottom