compatible tangs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftwing7

Aquarium Advice Regular
i ahve a 120 gallon aquarium and would like to know it would be possible to keep both a blue tang and a yellow tang in the tank. If so should these fish be palced in teh tank first or last?

thanks
swift

If you mean a Regal tang (dori) and a Yellow, you should be OK. I would introduce the yellow last since it is the most aggressive.
Don't forget to qt first though, they are prone to ich (especially the Regal) :wink:

No, I mean the blue tang, Acanthurus coeruleus. It starts out yellow with blue fintips and a blue ring around its eye when it is a juvenile. Then it turns blue. top three pictures on site at bottom. Dori would be okay, but I am the opposite of most epople and do not want a nemo movie tank. and dori's get pretty big.

I hope blues and yellows are compatible they are both awsome fish.
Thanks for the help
http://www.anniebees.com/GrandCayman/MorePictures2.htm

Is this the one? I saw a lot of them diving in Cozumel. In a tank that size you should be Ok, just get them at different sizes from one another.
They get pretty big too, I saw them at sizes of 8-9".

YAY! I love the yellow and blue for their simple color. Since they are both reef safe I think they will be okay together. I'll buy them as juveniles, so they "grow up" together and are not as likely to want to beat each other up. Should they be placed in the tank at the end or the begining? The blue will be the biggest fish I have so i assume that unless I get him small he needs to go in later versus sooner??

Thanks for all the help. I wonder why the blue is less popular than the other tangs? Oh well, MORE for me!! HaHa!

swift

Back
Top Bottom