Condy Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought my first anemone about 3 days ago i figured since it was only 5 dollars it was worth a try, it has been fine and all the tentacles were out in full affect and about five minutes ago they all just started sucking in and it got smaller and smaller, is this a normal thing they do or is it dying

No it happens quite often with anemone's. The thing is that it can also happen if they are not happy and doing well. To figure out what is up with yours we need some answers. I see that your tank is 45g.

1. How long has your tank been set up?

2. What are your water parimeter's? (Nitrite, Ammonia, Nitrate, PH)

3. What type of lighting do you have on the tank?

Sorry about all the questions but it will help narrow it down. Thanks.
:wink:

well hes back out and looking good last night before i went to bed and i just got off work and he still looks fine so if he does it anymore ill return here for some more help thanks

Maybe you could answer the questions to help bypass any future problems with the anemone. Glad it is doing better. :wink:

thats funny, mine is doing the same thing! it looks all deformed and shrank.
i just tested my water: ammonia - 0.5, nitrate - 5, nitrite - 0, ph - 7.8, gravity - 1.019
I have an eclipse six, w/ 2 lbs of live rocks, live corals, several snails, one camel shrimp. Water current is provided from a Rio 50 Powerhead and im using ChemiPure in my filter. Please help, Thanks

Hey vwgolf0660 what type of lighting do you have? Also you should have no traceable amounts of ammonia. :wink:

hey revhtree, im using a Power-Glo, 8 watts...thats all i know about the bulb.

I am no expert but i dont think that is enough lighting. Most people on here will say you need MH to keep anenomes. I have 160 watts of PC on my 29g. and i think it is a little on the low side, but my pink tip condy has been in there for about 5 months and he is doing fine and growing like a weed. My saddle back clown has even started to host it. It is pretty fun to watch. Here is a picture of the two together

Attachments

• clown_anenome2_797.jpg
    clown_anenome2_797.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 367
I made this post a while ago but hes doing fine to let everyone know, the lighting i have is just one 96w PC and 90 watts of Florecent, hes growing like crazy and looking really healthy untill the other day when he got to close to the intake and almost got sucked in i removed him and put him on the other side of the tank and is almost looking as good as he did wont make that mistake again

Back
Top Bottom