Conflicting advice!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew Richardson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a RSM250 with around 25kg of live rock with live sand. Clean up crew have been in for a few days, 1 fire shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 6 hermit crabs and 6 turbo snails.
Not planning on adding fish till November and are looking at different types of fish, ie Pair of clowns, one tang, would love an emperor but am told they grow too big.
Any advice on a good selection of fish would be very much appreciated.:thanks:

Might want to reconsider a tang. I beleive you have a 65 gallon tank. I once had a tang in that size and I can tell it needed much more swimming space.

We have a RSM250 with around 25kg of live rock with live sand. Clean up crew have been in for a few days, 1 fire shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 6 hermit crabs and 6 turbo snails.
Not planning on adding fish till November and are looking at different types of fish, ie Pair of clowns, one tang, would love an emperor but am told they grow too big.
Any advice on a good selection of fish would be very much appreciated.:thanks:

How big is your tank?

A lot of tangs require a huge amount of space...especially the yellows and blues. A 125g / 6ft tank is a must for them.

Also, the emperor angelfish require a huge tank. They can get over 1' long. You need a 200g + tank for those guys.

Tank is to small for tang... Need at least a 75 gal... Perhaps a flame hawkfish...

Back
Top Bottom