copperband butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoJO'sReef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i bought a copperband last friday she is eating mysis shrimp and i was wondering what every one is feeding theres and how often do you feed yours?

thanks for all your info

Mike

schild27.gif
to AquariumAdvice.com!!

I don't have and have never had to care for one, so I can't answer the question...but I just wanted to say, beautiful fish and a great shot!! I would love to see a full tank shot, I just love that purple moonstone coral!! Awesome!! (y)

Indeed a beautiful fish, and it is dissapointing that many don't survive. However it seems you got a good one because it is eating. That is one of the hardest thing to do with this fish.

About the food. with mine I use FORMULA 2, most LFS sell it (this will help keep its beautiful color). It is a frozen food. Mysid shrimp is good and occasionally I got mine to eat dried krill.

I feed mine once a day. Feed as much as it will eat and make sure all the excess is out so your tank doesn't get polluted.

Hope this helps[/b]

I have one that I rasied from a size of silver dollar and he's the size of a large drink coaster now, he picks at the rocks and I feed him P.E. Mysis shrimp twice a day.

Mine likes frozen bloodworms, frozen mysis and brine shrimp (more so the mysis), and zooplankton. I am interested in finding some type of dried food I could try...no success with either Omega One marine flakes or a few others.

Per the above post, I might try dried krill.

I feed mine usually twice a day, but sometimes just once. I rarely miss a day entirely.

I know lot's of people get these fish to help control aiptasia, I am curious about those that don't...are you ever tempted to buy it a rock covered with aips as a treat?? I think I would be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom