Coral Banded Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a cbs yesterday and added him to the tank, but now hes been slowly following the clownfish. Yesterday one of my clown fish swam up slowly till they were face to face and the cbs slowly started to put its claws around it. Do i have something to worry about. they are in a 12 gallon nano cube.
thanks

I'm pretty sure the CBS is just cleaning your clowns of any parasites, I would say your safe...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

I wouldnt say your safe, cbs are much different from skunt cleaners. they are aggresive, it very well could be trying to kill your clown if the clown is small. keep an eye on him. they will eat pellets, flake food that falls to the bottom, frozen food, whatver they can find basically

If you clown has any size to it then it would knock the heck out of the CBS. Any really small fish might be in danger. As far as feeding they are scavangers and will eat what is available.

if your tank is established enough for fish and corals then it should be fine for the cbs as long as you dont have any copper or heavy metals in your water

I also have a cbs but my clarkii's wont go near it,however my coral beauty literally lies down on its side infront of it for cleaning which prompted me to get a skunk cleaner.your cbs would have attacked already at the first chance.you should be ok.

I had to get rid of my cbs, be was trying to kill my clowns. I woke up one morning and he had the fin of my little male clown in his claw I had to reach in to break it up. It was a nightmare to catch though.

Back
Top Bottom