Coral beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 36 gal tank with two o. clowns, a yellow tail damsel, and a bicolor blenny. I was thinking of getting one more fish, would a coral beauty be okay with these fish? Or would that be too much for a 36 gal?

Keep an eye on the damsel - he may pick on the beauty and the beauties are very docile and shy. Do you have plenty of hiding places for the beauty?

I had a yellow tail damsel and a domino damsel. The domino was the aggressor, and about 10 minutes after I took him out, the yellow tail was getting all his built up aggression out. I found that damsels do not take well to new additions.

my first fish was a damsel and he is probably the least aggressive in my tank, he plays around with all my other fish, so im not too worried about him, but i will keep an eye on him.

I just added a Coral Beauty to my tank, the only other inhabitant I have is an O. Clown! they seem to get along well ... actually the O. Clown kinda follows the CB around keeping his distance but definitely trailing him! By the way ... the Coral Beauty is such a well ... Beautiful fish!

My tank size was also more what i was thinking. nitrates are 0 and the tank has been up for 8 months. I am getting a lot of cyano all of the sudden though even though nitrates and phosphates are zero.

Yeah I didn't see that you had all those fish in there!

I limited myself greatly when I added the coral beaut. to my 29gal ... I may only be able to get one more fish, but I love the Coral Beauty so I'll take the trade off! Maybe if you catch the Damsel you'll be o.k.!!!

Plus you won't have to worry about the Damsel terrorizing the CB ... mine is very shy and docile, she hides every time I get close to the tank!

Back
Top Bottom