coral beauty and copper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a long story but I think you need to hear it in order to hepl me SORRY!!! About 4 years ago I had to treat my fish for ich. I let the main go fallow and treated the fish with copper in another tank. When I reintroduced my fish back to the main tank. I lost all my inverts. I thought maybe an ammonia spike but nope. I came to the conclusion that some of the equitment ( IE the filter ) I used in the qt must have had trace amounts of copper in it. I had an hob filter on the main before I treated my fish and I used it to help cycle the qt. I changed out all the media and the bio wheel before I put it back on the main tank but I guess lesson learned. ANYWAY, I have waited 4 years. I resently had to move my tank so all the sand was replaced and I did a 90% water change. I used one of those poly-filters that take out copper and to my surpize it didn't change color. I was told that the filter changes to blue if copper is present. I am hoping that my copper issues are over. I love inverts and some of the copper sensitive fishes. I am wanting to get a coral beauty but I don't want get it and chance killing it. Thanks so much!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom