Coral identity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyEnr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this a monti or an acro...it's so tiny it's still less than an inch big. I've been waiting for it to reach a descent size to see what it is.

image-3399223557.jpg

It looks like acropora to me. you can see it starting to branch right now, and branching montipora have much closer polyps.

Is the coral thin? If so I would say a Hollywood stunner chalice.

Nah I have a stunner..this something different. I was under the impression that it was an acro...I just can't find out like what kind or if its definitely an acro

Idk then but it's a nice peice.

Yeah it's been taking forever to grow...it's starting to slowly show signs of encrust meant over the frag plug but that's it...the branches haven't grown or anything

Look at the size of the frag plug people, it's not LPS. It's clearly growing branches at the top. Certainly not indicative of an encrusting coral.

I have cyphastrea that is branching just like that in addition to encrusting elsewhere. And that clearly looks like it has encrusted a price of rock. Granted the polyps are a little small in relation to the plug that could be cause of a number of factors. To me it screams cyphastrea. More growth will show us more.

Yeah I also have cyphastrea and its definitely diffrent...I know there's only so much one can see from the picture

Back
Top Bottom