Coral Selection Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
What kind of limitations do I have with my current setup? Tuesday I'm headed to Packerland (Packers Still Suck, but Green Bay is the closest city with lots of pet shops) to coral shop. Setup is:

75 gal reef ready
100 gal sump w/ 75 gal filled.
Skimmer
Overflow maximized with mag 36
3 PHs
4x65 2 10K, 2 Ultra Actinic w/ Moonlites
4" DSB
80# LR
1 Condy Anemone (might be going back to the pet store to make room for new Anemone)
Clove Polyp
1 Yellow Tang
1 Lawnmower Blenny
10 Nassarius Snails
2 Turbo Grazers
4 Scarlet Hermits (Also may be finding a new home)
Temp 80.2-81.6
SG 1.0245
Alk 2.4 meq/l
PH 8.1
CA 420+
NO3 and NO2 - 0
NH3 - .1

With the light you have, any softies and some LPS's ahould be ok. I had a 4x55 on my 75 and my softies grew like crazy. I have a hammer, candy cane and a lobo as well. I have a 2x250 MH setup now but all survived under the PC lights. I have a few SPS now :)

I agree, zoanthids, a favorite of most reefers, and lots of other softies will do fine, and some LPS. Some limited SPS would probably be OK in the upper portion of your tank, caps, digitatas, Stylophora, Hydnaphora...

Today I bought:

1 Pulsing Xenia (pink)
1 pink polyp (need to exact ID...maybe clove or star)
1 Green Zoanthid (saw under actinic and said that was it)
1 Royal Gramma

I just got done acclimating them about 10 minutes ago. I will take some pix tomorrow. Lights off tonight to get everyone happy.

next time you go to geenbay call scott at www.goochscorals.com and set up an appointment you will not be disapointed! He runs it out of his house but has some nice stuff. Tell him i sent you!

I thought about it this time, I just wasn't sure on our schedule (new baby and all). I'll give him a call next time.

Back
Top Bottom