please help..i need help with ich treatment!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
iv read a bunch of things about ich but have not found the info i need.. i have a 28 gal with.1 lawnmower blenny,1 grean manderan,1 coral beauty,2 clowns,1 sandsifting star,15 hermits,1 turbo,live sand,live rock,and 3 anemones.... im going to setup a med tank tomarow for the fish but what about the crabs,star,turbo,and anemones???? this stuff still confuses me bad!!!! what would you do as a veteran reef keeper??? what should i do .. hypo?? or a treatment of some kind?? the coral beauty is doing the rub against the rocks thing,and has white blots on his left eye and head.??.ich??

Attachments

• DSC02028.jpg
    DSC02028.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 63
and to setup my med tank,can i use one of the sponges from my fluval 305 canister filter,, or some of the media??

and the only fish that has the white stuff and doing the rub against the rocks thing is the coral beauty,should i only qt him??

also if i have to qt all the fish, what about the dt?? will the ich go away with the anemones,turbo,crabs,and star in it?? and is it on the live rock/sand??

All you have to do is move all the fish to the QT. Crabs, snails and other inverts don't get ich. Keep your DT without any fish for 8 weeks and the ich that is in the DT will die out by itself for aa lack of a host(fish). How old is your tank? 3 anemones is allot for a 28g. and they don't do well in a new setup. what type of lights do you have?

ok so i found out that it is not ich... but it is an infection in the coral beauty,, im told angle fish get this offten,,or are more prone to catching things. lfs saye its pop eye,so im going to just treat the coral beauty.

Popeye and ich are two very different things that look very different. Ich looks like little specks of salt on the fish. Popeye can be from many reasons, but primarily a bacterial infection that causes the eye to bulge. It could be a secondary infection along with ich. But the two should be fairly distinguishable from each other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom