Coral Stocking idea for 10gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomchong22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 10 gal tank that i am looking to add some corals to. so far this is my list of corals that i am thinking on adding.
xenia
zoa
mushroom coral
frogspawn.

the 10gal has about 15lbs of live rock. for lighting i have a 2 bulb 24in t8 fixture with 1 actinic coral life bulb and 1 10000lk coral life bulb. will this be enough lighting for the corals? and suggestions is well appreciated.

What I'm doing in my 10gal

I'm in a similar situation with my 10 gal. I put a pumping xenia, button polyps and ricordea in there so far. But I'm low on the light with only a single 15W 50/50 bulb. I'm going to add an actinic bulb ASAP.

I had to place the corals quite high in the tank (4 in. of water from the bulb) to get enough light and even then it seems low. You should do better with two bulbs though. Check the light requirements for each candidate at liveaquaria.com. With regular fluorescent, don't get anything that requires high light, only low to moderate.

You may want to ask this in the nanoreef forum too.

Alright thanks for the advice. I plan on placing them about half way up. Also a side question would I need a nano powerhead? Currently I have two hob filters. One small one for ten gal and another rated for 30-40gal. They produce a good Current I'n the water but idk if it is enough. On a scale of 1-10 for the current I would say it is about a 5-6.

Back
Top Bottom