coralvu 14k metal halide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 14k bulb is SUPPOSED to have a purple tint. The closer to 20k you get the more purple you get in the bulb. There is a great site out there somewhere that has the color spectrum of bulbs compared. Sorry I can't remember what it is.

Its part blue part white. That is your getting at or near the 420nm range so the hue should be a blueish tint. 20k's are even bluer. You may want to get a 10k if it bothers you though I personally dig the blue ; ) Even so, you don't need to augment with 03 lighting running 14k's.

GL!

I have CV 14k's and I suppliment with a T5 actinic and 50/50. Does not look purple to me.

I love the color of mine. Could be more blue really :)

I just switched from CV 20Ks to XM 20Ks, dunno the difference yet because I have another 60 hours of burn in or so, however I thought my CVs were really really blue before burn in and then they were very crisp white/blue. I love their 20Ks because with a sky blue background on the tank and clean back glass it really looks like diving in shallow tropical waters. Great bulbs.

popothemailman said:
what is the "burn in"... i have been noticing my lights losing the purple and getting more white
It is the "break in" period. I noticed the same w/ my lights, as they "broke in" they appeared less blue/purple. AFAIK break in last about 40-80 hours w/ MH. HTH

Yeah more blue... purple... whatever! LOL! I didn't realize that you were thinking that they weren't blue enough but too purple. Pretty fine line to me, I guess. I love the color of mine but it does through a purplish blue hue arround the house when they're on!

Back
Top Bottom