Couple of mushroom questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sand dollar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've heard you can't kill mushrooms but I have and think another might be not long behind. I have a thriving hairy mushroom (another question on it will follow) and a purple mushroom that has had 3 babies and a couple healthy ricordea. I had a beautiful bright orange and a lavender rhodactis mushrooms. The orange one kept shrinking and eventually disappeared. I tried moving to lower light, higher light with less flow, and nothing ever seemed to help. My lavender one, I fear, is heading in the same direction. Any ideas on what else I can try??

Next question is my big, beautiful hairy mushroom decided to attach itself to my blastos and they are not happy about it, how can I safely detach it before it starts killing the blasto?

First pic is mushroom on blasto's side and second shows the healthy blastos next to the angry ones.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429224056.550869.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429224088.051876.jpg
You can see the healthy purple shroom and that small dot an inch or so above it is my poor lavender rhodactis.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429224138.117805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hairy mushrooms are something else. You can try to gently remove it from your blastos with your fingers. Pointing a powerhead at it might work, but will also irritate your blastos.
I currently have green hairy mushrooms in my tank. They have taken off like wildfire. So you know that they are nothing to mess with when next to another coral, one of the ones in my tank is currently fighting for space with a long tentacle anemone and appears to be winning. They are the size of the palm of my hand. Pretty incredible.

That's the truth!! Mine is nearly that big when fully expanded, I'm not even sure where I want to suggest its new home be if I am able to get it off the blastos.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom