Cyano,mud & fuge??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have been getting more cyano in fuge on rocks, caulerpa etc... None in dt..
Was thinking of cleaning mud out.. Have to run light 24/7 for caulerpa???? Any thoughts, thanks

image-507646153.jpg

Do a lot of reefers keep macro algaes in fuge without mud??
Just as good at nitrate reduction?

I have live rock around my skimmer and miracle mud and chaeto in my fuge. I don't keep any rock in my fuge section though. I have some hair algae growing in the sump, but I attribute that to my refugium light running 24/7. DT is free and clear of any algae with the exception of one small patch in the sand. I attribute this patch that showed up to not changing my GFO in a timely manner. It is now receding.

Question really was though if i should be concerned about the red slime in the fuge section( see picture above) even though there is none in display tank?? Thanks

If it's in the sump, so much the better. It's out of sight so let it work for you ime/imo.

Question really was though if i should be concerned about the red slime in the fuge section( see picture above) even though there is none in display tank?? Thanks

I was answering your second post. Cyano wasn't in question. Apologies.

Back
Top Bottom