DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
just ordered my RO/Di unit and a Mag 9.5 pump off BRS

Awesome!

The basics would be the safest to buy or anything you know for sure you're going to use. Salt, more salt, sand, powerheads, refractometer, any dry rock you plan to use, that great skimmer, lighting, a GFO reactor, power strips, a GFCI outlet or two (if you don't have em already), and a six pack. lol

Awesome!

The basics would be the safest to buy or anything you know for sure you're going to use. Salt, more salt, sand, powerheads, refractometer, any dry rock you plan to use, that great skimmer, lighting, a GFO reactor, power strips, a GFCI outlet or two (if you don't have em already), and a six pack. lol

well i thought my order went thru, apparently it didnt lol **** these credit companies lol grrrrrr

Ok I'm gonna attempt to get my glass cut today for my sump.. quick question tho, if my sump is 16" tall, how tall should my glass sections be? Is 10" okay?

Start with the reccomended water level for you skimmer as your first baffle. Then go .25"-.5" smaller for each baffle.

Mrc8858 said:
Start with the reccomended water level for you skimmer as your first baffle. Then go .25"-.5" smaller for each baffle.

Okay, where would I find out that info? I don't have the skimmer yet lol

Seems like several ppl have there octopus at different levels.. some say 7, 8, 9, and 10". So think I should just make it 8" to be on the safe side?

Well drfosters is saying 6-7 3/4 for that skimmer so I would just put it on a stand then and run a higher baffle. Honestly to get the most out of your sump you'd be best to figure out how much water your plumbing will hold while running along with how much will back siphon from the tank. Then leave that much room in your sump for when you turn it off. If you don't already know the math every 231 cubic inches is 1 gallon.

Mrc8858 said:
Well drfosters is saying 6-7 3/4 for that skimmer so I would just put it on a stand then and run a higher baffle. Honestly to get the most out of your sump you'd be best to figure out how much water your plumbing will hold while running along with how much will back siphon from the tank. Then leave that much room in your sump for when you turn it off. If you don't already know the math every 231 cubic inches is 1 gallon.

That's the problem, I never did a big tank like this with plumbing so I have no clue as to what I'm doing lol my friend supposed to be helping but he's been busy with work and school.. I'm trying to move things along but it seems impossible with me lol

What size pips will you be using and do you have measurements for how much you'll need? Doesn't have to be exact just pretty close.

Mrc8858 said:
What size pips will you be using and do you have measurements for how much you'll need? Doesn't have to be exact just pretty close.

Well my return pump is a Mag 9.5 and the inlet and outlet on that are 3/4. As far as how much, I'm not sure bc I'm not yet fully understanding where everything is going to lol

I know, Im not leaving you with much information for you to help me :/ lol

If I made the first baffle at 10" and every baffle after that a half inch smaller and made a stand for my skimmer, would that be okay?

Ya that'd be plenty of room. You may wanna even go up to 11 or 12 but like I said with put the math can't be certain

Mrc8858 said:
Ya that'd be plenty of room. You may wanna even go up to 11 or 12 but like I said with put the math can't be certain

Ok I'm goin to get the glass cut right now.. I'll make the first baffle at 11" n do a half inch smaller for each one after

Ok glass is cut, fits perfectly, now just to silicone it... how big of a section do u think I should make the 1st(Skimmer) and 2nd(fuge) section?

I would make the skimmer section just a little bit bigger then you skimmer dimensions and make your fuge as large as possible.

Mrc8858 said:
I would make the skimmer section just a little bit bigger then you skimmer dimensions and make your fuge as large as possible.

Okay so 13inches for the skimmer section.. 1 inch between each baffle for the bubble trap and I guess the return will be as small as pump?

I would go with 3/4" between baffles and keep the return chamber a bit larger then the pump to allow room for more equipment and compensate for evap since the smaller the chamber the faster evap will cause your pump to run dry.

Back
Top Bottom