DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id add them together. A 90 can easily handle 2 small fish at a time. Now when you get into your larger fish I would only do one at a time and the diamond goby I would hold off on until one of the last fish since they do best with an established sand bed.

Id add them together. A 90 can easily handle 2 small fish at a time. Now when you get into your larger fish I would only do one at a time and the diamond goby I would hold off on until one of the last fish since they do best with an established sand bed.

Diamond Goby?? u mean the golden head sleeper goby??

It's all good lol I'm gonna go to my LFS right now anyways, gotta get a filter sock for my skimmer. Its splashing too much water lol

At the same time? I gotta see if my LFS even has the dartfish, i know they have a couple bluedot jawfish in stock and on sale for that matter, still 79.99 tho lol

Wow!!! The blue dot jawfish I have been seeing go for $120 - $180!! I would luv a blue dot myself but ouch

Wow!!! The blue dot jawfish I have been seeing go for $120 - $180!! I would luv a blue dot myself but ouch

Holy cow! That's a lot for such a tiny fish! Lol yeah online I usually see em for $120ish.. for some reason my LFS has em for $80. Guess they just ordered too many of them and are tryna get rid of them.

Make sure you show us pictures if the new fish I'm sure you will be bringing home!

No fish today unfortunately :( I'm gonna wait for the blue dot, mainly bc I'm very very close to getting $60 off any purchase. Any other fish I can add ahead of the jawfish? The LFS doesn't have the dartfish

The clowns are the only other fish I would consider adding at this point and to be quite honest if the tank was any smaller I wouldnt since they can become pretty territorial some times. Mine actually just attacked me two days ago. Had a family stop down for some frags and they were talking about how they would "play" with their hands when in the tank and I told em just wait til they are more mature they can get quite territorial and no sooner did I finish my sentence did my female come darting across the tank smashing into my hand since I was grabbing some of HER xenia lmao.

The clowns are the only other fish I would consider adding at this point and to be quite honest if the tank was any smaller I wouldnt since they can become pretty territorial some times. Mine actually just attacked me two days ago. Had a family stop down for some frags and they were talking about how they would "play" with their hands when in the tank and I told em just wait til they are more mature they can get quite territorial and no sooner did I finish my sentence did my female come darting across the tank smashing into my hand since I was grabbing some of HER xenia lmao.

Oh I know what u mean dude! My male occy clown bites my hand all the time in the 29. He's like, defending his territory or something lol

Well I'm still unsure of the clowns at this point anyways. Any other recommendations instead of the clowns?

Agreed. Go buy a Duncan or some sweet zoas... Maybe a frogspawn, shrooms or a brain?

Speaking of coral... What's the story with the eBay light?

Yeah maybe I will get some more corals, I just moved my green hammer over from my 29. Didn't feel it was doing well enough under the T5.

I sent back the old light with tracking information, as soon as he gets it, he'll send out a new one ALONG with the shipping fee I had to pay to send it back($17.24)

Waiting patiently now lol

I'd definitely skip the blue hippo. Clowns can be made very tame by hand feeding them. I had one that was so tame he would host in my hand and when I would curl my fingers he would lay down in them! Every time. He was nippy and mean at first but after I began to give him his food right from my fingers he became super attached.

Blue dots are the ultimate. *swoons* I'd never pay for one though.

I'd definitely skip the blue hippo. Clowns can be made very tame by hand feeding them. I had one that was so tame he would host in my hand and when I would curl my fingers he would lay down in them! Every time. He was nippy and mean at first but after I began to give him his food right from my fingers he became super attached.

Blue dots are the ultimate. *swoons* I'd never pay for one though.

Yeah I'm sure everyone wants me to skip the blue hippo but id really like to have one. Still aways from that day tho.

Maybe I should try n feed my other clowns by hand. Try and calm down the male lol he's a feisty lil guy.

And yes the blue dot is very expensive but they're sooooo awesome!! Lol

DanS180 said:
Yeah I'm sure everyone wants me to skip the blue hippo but id really like to have one. Still aways from that day tho.

Maybe I should try n feed my other clowns by hand. Try and calm down the male lol he's a feisty lil guy.

And yes the blue dot is very expensive but they're sooooo awesome!! Lol

Skip it.. I mean its really just not smart. Being smart about what fish you get seperates the noobs from the intelligent and experienced, which do you want to be?

My fam really wants a hippo tang too but they just get too big for our 54g ans since we cannot stock sw lile we can fw I am holding out for better stock

Back
Top Bottom