DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay in other news, decided to try some Chromis again, bought 2 of them and drip acclimated them for about an hour/hour half. they both are swimming around together looking good so far.

On another note, i got my other light in the mail today, everything works except the white light DOESN'T DIM! ughhh waiting to hear back from the seller.

okay in other news, decided to try some Chromis again, bought 2 of them and drip acclimated them for about an hour/hour half. they both are swimming around together looking good so far.

On another note, i got my other light in the mail today, everything works except the white light DOESN'T DIM! ughhh waiting to hear back from the seller.

Hooray!! New fish! Also, I hope the seller sends you a new light.

I hope your chromis do good, mine only lasted a couple days. Drip acclimation is best, hopefully they'll hold up.

sorry to hear about your light, hopefully like bearchumjs said, they'll replace it im sure.

Yeah I'm not worried about it getting replaced, there's definitely a warranty on the sellers auction page. I just hate that I have to wait even longer now lol

Not right now, but down the line, how does everyone feel about me skipping on the Six Line wrasse and getting a Christmas wrasse???

I would suggest (since its down the line) going with a Mystery Wrasse. I love mine. One of the most beautiful fish I've ever had.

I've thought of a mystery wrasse but my lfs has one for $100 lol they're so expensive lol

Yeah, that's about what I payed. They are a "save up your money" fish but, IMO, they are well worth it. Just can't beat the color, markings, and motion.

Not right now, but down the line, how does everyone feel about me skipping on the Six Line wrasse and getting a Christmas wrasse???

I just almost bought a Christmas wrasse for my tank last week. I talked with the guys at the store and they steered me after from it and toward a solar fairy wrasse. The said that the Christmas is a more aggressive and if you wanted to add other wrasses later it could be an issue. They said that the fairy wrasses (Cirrhilabrus spp.) are a much more forgiving group and tend to do better if you decide to add more wrasses later. I totally agree though that the Christmas is pretty awesome looking. Check out the elegant fairy wrasse though. They are sweet.

Yeah, that's about what I payed. They are a "save up your money" fish but, IMO, they are well worth it. Just can't beat the color, markings, and motion.

Nah I hear ya haha.. every time I go to my LFS, they have an Xmas wrasse that's been for while and its already maybe 3inches for $48.. not bad I suppose lol

I just almost bought a Christmas wrasse for my tank last week. I talked with the guys at the store and they steered me after from it and toward a solar fairy wrasse. The said that the Christmas is a more aggressive and if you wanted to add other wrasses later it could be an issue. They said that the fairy wrasses (Cirrhilabrus spp.) are a much more forgiving group and tend to do better if you decide to add more wrasses later. I totally agree though that the Christmas is pretty awesome looking. Check out the elegant fairy wrasse though. They are sweet.

Yeah I keep getting mixed feelings on these Xmas wrasses. Some say reef safe, others day they're not.. so who knows. I'll look into other ones as well :) thanks for your input!

Nah I hear ya haha.. every time I go to my LFS, they have an Xmas wrasse that's been for while and its already maybe 3inches for $48.. not bad I suppose lol

Well, there is also the Red Headed Solon Fairy Wrasse. Less expensive and very pretty and docile. I have one with my Mystery and my Blue Flasher Wrasse and there are no problems.

Well, there is also the Red Headed Solon Fairy Wrasse. Less expensive and very pretty and docile. I have one with my Mystery and my Blue Flasher Wrasse and there are no problems.

Don't remember what it looks like so ill have to look em up again lol

Good! Things are turnin around for the better :)

Well let's just hope so lol I woke up this morning and only saw 1 so I got paranoid, turns out he was hiding between 2 rocks lol I'm hoping to get home from work and see both of them swimming around :)

How are they doing?

So far so good, I actually liked how the 2 were doing so well yesterday that I went out and bought 2 more, all 4 are schooling and looking awesome :)

Oh and I bought a Salifert Nitrate test bc I wanted to see where I stood (since API "tests high" supposedly) and it says im at 5ppm instead of 5-10ppm from API

I'm happy to hear that they're doing okay. I also have the API test kit for sw and also for the reef master kit. I'd rather the test run high then low lol. Of it says I have 5ppm trates glad to hear its closer to 0

I'm happy to hear that they're doing okay. I also have the API test kit for sw and also for the reef master kit. I'd rather the test run high then low lol. Of it says I have 5ppm trates glad to hear its closer to 0

Yeah I was just curious in all honestly, this test kit is more accurate though. And its a lot simpler and quicker haha

Just a lil update, all 4 of my chromis are doing awesome :) no signs of unhealthy fish, and my trates still havent moved, no brainer there considering its just little Chromis lol

Whats the next fish on my agenda?? I think we all agreed on adding the Yellowhead Jawfish next, BUT i think want a Blue Dot Jawfish now lol

For those of you who forgot or dont know heres my possible stock list
4 Chromis
1 Kole Tang
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Scissortail Dartfish
1 Gold Headed Sleeper Goby
1 Yellowhead Jawfish or Blue Dot Jawfish
2 Black Clowns(not sure of yet)
1 Six Line Wrasse or Xmas Wrasse

Back
Top Bottom