Dec-Jan: Lets hear about those bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tis the season - spare us no detail :)

try to keep chatter in this thread to a minimum - thanks :)

hi guys.... i'm not sure if petsmart has much of a SALTWATER selection, i'm a freshwater girl myself, however i thought i'd run the deal across you guys anyways! any ONLINE orders made at PETSMART (www.petsmart.com) of at least $50, get $20 off !!!!! not bad ! all you need to do is enter coupon code " TWENTY " in at checkout! the deal ends 12/07, so act fast !! home someone can benefit from this! i will also post it in the FW thread

okie dokie

I just bought my tank for the sw project

and here I was, worried about how to bring home a 75g tank, and low and behold, I get a 90 instead ;)

to my amazement, the petco guys were able to shoe-horn it into my backseat - thank the General for the cavernous Chevy Caprice

so, regular price for the 90 is $239.99 ... on sale for 203.99 ... and further reduced $50 for a small superficial nick in the corner

so I received $86 in discounts on the tank!

now, if only I had similar luck for the rest of the gear ;)

I got a $200 tennis racquet for $44 as a demo model. Its not aquarium related but I was so excited I had to tell someone (can't tell the woman cuz its her xmas gift
). :p

jackdp said:
I got a $200 tennis racquet for $44 as a demo model. Its not aquarium related but I was so excited I had to tell someone (can't tell the woman cuz its her xmas gift
). :p

Way to go!!! Why can't I ever run across stuff like that??

I got 50 nassarius snails for 27 dollars from a guy on ebay. All the snails arrived alive and in excellent condition. Started cleaning right after I put them in. A++

well, as you may or may not know, petsmart has imposed an "odd size" fee to shipping big buckets of salt ... to the tune of $16

but

they've brought back FREESHIP

so, 200 gal worth of salt (some 60 lbs) ships for just over $50

This weekend i went to a NEW local fish store that had a huge rock had red sea pulsing xenia . they are by far the best looking i have seen in a LONG time, very bright pinkish color. well they are not set up 100 percent yet to house coral but there shipment came in a bit early so in order to save the coral they sold everything for cost or less. i paid only 18 bucks for a rock that would have cost nearly 60/70 in most stores, I also bought a small tooth coral for 25. merry christmas to me lol :D

SCWD's - $19.99

Not really my find, but it was posted on another forum, and I wanted to share it here...

Petsolutions has SCWD's on sale for $19.99; that's the lowest prices I've ever seen ---

>link<

HTH!

Since I am really new, and just starting, please let me know if this is not anything special. I bought 45lbs of Premium Fiji Live rock from the Marine center for $2.99/lbs and Fiji Sand for $1.49/lb. It will be here Tuesday, so I will let you know if it is any good.

Also, if you live in the North Texas area shipping is only $10 per 50 lbs box. That alone saved me over $75. 0X

Any PETsMARTs that have the new look (remodeled sometime in 2002 or '03), in the saltwater section they have CaribSea Oolitic Select (.05-1mm) for only $15.99
It's on sale right now, and I wanted some finer sand to add to my stock for when the tank gets set up. The sand that size is like $21 from marinedepot.com BEFORE shipping. Just thought I'd share. =]

I haven't got my SW Tank yet but I've been slowly acquiring parts.

Red Sea Wavemaker - eBay - 88 US (shipping included)

Tunze Universal 220/3 skimmer - a guy from a local reef forum - 150 CDN (115 US)

2 10 gallon tanks (future refugium and QT)
- a guy from a local reef forum - 5 CDN each (3.85 US each)

Not fish related but hey, you never know where you may find your next bargain!!!

My insurance company recently sent me a notice that my rates were going up. Not a lot, but enough to make me decide it was time to shop for a new auto policy. Well..... Guess What??? I saved a bundle by using Geico.

LOL, no offense intended to the previous forum posts.... but some of the bargain comments were great and absolutly begged for the Geico comment 8) I just could not resist.

May your tank prosper ~ WildFlower

Hi Folks,

I have a few dry-goods dealers that I typically deal with, but recenly I stumbled across Jim at www.seaquestmarine.com

I placed a pretty large order with them and I'll tell you they had some excellent service and were very client service level based. Funny thing though - What drew me to their site was EXCELLENT Prices. Some examples :

Compact 96W Smart lites (Custom sealife): $38 (I've seen these for as high as $58 )
Dolpihin Ampmaster 3000 (3000GPH - quiet): $263
Aqua C-Mora Skimmer: $153, Pro version: $207
Rainbow 25W UV: $134
Kent 50GPD RO unit: $157

But check this site out - definitely worth it. Ask for Jim. He's a good guy.

Tom

8O WOW !!! What a difference one week makes...

Exactly 7 days ago, I replied to this thread and started my post with
haven't got my SW Tank yet but I've been slowly acquiring parts.
Yesterday, I had to rent a van to pick up my new pride and joy...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=20755&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT&rd=1
"175 Gallon Oceanic Bow Front tank, mint condition, includes tank, full bottom cabinet, and full top canopy."

I checked out Big Al's and they sell it for $3000 CDN - I got it for $810 CDN ( approx $624.00 US ).

I saw them online at http://www.gkpet.com/aquariumprice.html for $ 1583.92 US

Sorry, I'm rambling.... I am just so stoked. I could barely sleep last night. Be prepared for the barrage of setup questions to follow.

Paul.

Now that is one serious good deal.

Where else can you get a beautiful acrylic aquarium, an above ground swimming pool and some nice cabinetry all for such a great price.

Looks like it was some tough bidding for awhile but congrats.

I'll be in the market for an large acrylic soon as well - hope I am so lucky.

Tom

Hi TheMadNucleus,

Where else can you get a beautiful acrylic aquarium, an above ground swimming pool and some nice cabinetry all for such a great price.
Too Funny. I never looked at it that way before but you are right I could just about swim in there. (or at least take a bath)

BTW - It's glass, not acrylic. When I was loading it into the van I just about soiled myself. The tank alone has to be about 350 lbs.

I am building this into my dining room wall (surrounded by cabinetry).
350 lbs tank, plus stand plus LR plus 1750 lbs water....
Time to call my contractor buddy (so it stays in my dining room and doesn't end up in my basement).

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom