diamond watchman goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmonson

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got a diamond watchman goby 2 days ago and since i put it in the tank it has been digging huge holes everywhere and making the tank really cloudy and i was wondering if this will stop or if this will keep going on

Sounds like you got a good digger. In the long run it will be a good thing. Eventually the sand bed will be sparkling.

Let me ask you this ... How old is the sand bed? Also, did you rinse your sand when you added it?

the sand bed is a little over a year old i added it when i started the tank last year and i did not rinse in when i put it is it was live sand

I would guess that he is digging up some of the sand dust that was buried a bit deeper and couldn't be carried away by ur powerheads. I don't think it will be a problem. You might get a bit of a diatom bloom cause that dust probably has silica in it.

Just watch your filter. You might want to change the filter pad or sock ( whatever you have) I bit more frequently than usual cause it will be filtering all that stuff out until your bed is clear.

Back
Top Bottom