dimmer for Icecap 430 Ballast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I checked them and then contacted the manufacturer that made the unit they sell (Solar brand). I was told that the dimmer they make will only work on a properly modified 660 ballast. They said that they have had problems with this working properly on a 430. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with any other dimmers that was compatible with the 430. Thanks for the feedback. 8)

what does icecap say you need for a dimmer, is it low voltage or line voltage dimming?

I know some of the VHO ballasts (for office buildings / lecture halls) use a low-voltage control that puts out 0 to 10 volts DC through a simple rheostat to control the dimming. Other ballasts have 3-5 "legs" on their transformer, which you switch power to causing different light outputs.

This is for VHO lighting. Actually all IceCap said was that the solar ones were the ones certified for use with their ballasts. Solar technical assistance is the one telling me that the 430 will not work with the dimmer. Do not know off hand if their product uses a low voltage relay with a rheostat or uses a differential power output control for the dimming. All I am able to verify (via e-mail) is that it would not work. :(

Back
Top Bottom