Dipping corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigben2057

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my petco and petsmart dont sell Lugol's Solution is their anywhere else i can buy it? Can i use iodine from the drug store because i think i have a serious pest.

Im not sure either so i did a 15 second freshwater dip and got some of the worms to come out and die. Im not sure what they are but i saw a really big one that has a hole drilled into the side of the rock that i need to get out next.

I've heard to squirt a little bit of club soda into the worms hole and he will come out really quick, the acidic fizz really ticks them off.

Ok thanks i will try that. I found living in my corals rock an aiptasia anemone, Some mantis shrimp, some sort of worms still trying to figure out what they are. Good lesson on why not to buy coral from petco....

If they're bristle worms, they're good for the tank. Some of your zoas may have died and it was scavenging them.

Heres some photos. What ever they are they are gone.

Attachments

• DSC01948.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01946.jpg
    DSC01946.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 100
The CVS iodine is mush stronger than the lugols. I would not recommend that dosage. Lugols won't kill everything though. I would suggest "Coral RX" as an all around, good coral dip.

Most stores do not dip their corals and most stores order corals that come straight from the ocean.

Thanks I decided not to use it as i thought it would turn out bad as well. I suspect the did come straight from the ocean as i also have 3 barnacles.

Back
Top Bottom