Do I have enough flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been pulling my hair (I actually don't have any hair but...) out the last couple of weeks and have moved my return pipes a hundred different ways only to still not be happy with the flow in my aquarium. I have almost all LPS's and am wondering if they are getting enough flow. Any help would be appreciated. I have a Vortech MP10 pumping some flow in the aquarium and 1200gph coming out of four nozzles from the sump/refugium into the DT.

I also have a full tank movie in the Saltwater Tank Showcase area of the forums.

Thanks...Steve

I have a vortech pump and four return nozzles from the sump return pump putting out 1200gph. I think I have enough water flow just not sure how it should be over the LPS corals. If I turn the vortech up high I can create a tsunami in the 120g tank but I'm not sure my corals would appreciate that. I was at the LFS and noticed in one of their display tanks all four return nozzles were pointed at the surface and their vortech was making the waves/motion. Is that better? I guess what I'm trying to find out is what is moderate flow considered? Is that moderate flow over my torch? Is that enough?

Thanks...Steve

Back
Top Bottom