Duncan dying-please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just came across some other info after losing some heads on a different Duncan. It's called brown jelly disease. Just another problem to deal with.....now to keep reading up on it and hopefully it doesn't wipe out my tank.

Weekly water changes Doug and testing bi weekly now as parameters aren't stable. Got the ammonia back to 0. - lost a fish somewhere in the tank (wasn't the coral banded shrimp this time) and bought an ocean brand reactor. Couldn't hook up my Two Little Fishies brand since changing tanks. Am on the prowl for a 6ft tank now so I can give my corals more room.

Iodine dips have been effective on BJD, in my experience. the main thing is to not allow it to blow around all over the tank. Gently vacuum it off of the coral before moving it.

That's where I went wrong...I shook it in the tank so it would come off and go down the filter. I thought it was dead tissue.... Nothing that would spread : (

Well, if you don't see it on the other corals, it may not be so, but an iodine dip like lugols wouldn't hurt at this point.

I do have another Duncan which was in another area dying too now. I have had that one for 12mths and it was thriving. The original one I fragged seems to be doing ok now. Some heads aren't coming out but they are down the bottom so may not be getting enough light under the others or maybe they are too close to the morphs adjacent to them?

Back
Top Bottom