Dying bta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endless hate

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this BTA yesterday , it look fine all day. Today before I go out in the morning it look good also. But now.(4 hour later) it look bad and brown slime comes out of its mouth

Below is a pic:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408389004.486818.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Need info from you to help. Tank age, what lighting are you using, acclimation method, are you acclimating it to your lights, and most importantly a full list of your params? It will be impossible to help with "good or every things where it's supposed to be", we need the actual numbers please.

Edit: and not that it matters really but that looks more like a RFA to me

The tank is a standard 29gallon about 1 year old, using T5 light, there's a sump and a protein skimmer. this is the first anemone I got

Tank parameters:
Calcium:420 ppm
Alkalinity:9dKH
Salinity:1.027
Temperature:80° F
pH:8.2
Phosphate:less then0.03 ppm
Ammonia: 0.1

See a coupe things, the biggest being that you shouldn't be getting an ammonia reading in an established tank like this, did something die? Salinity is a little high but not terrible. Do you have a nitrate test? And how many bulbs is your t5 and is it a t5ho?

Yea one of my clownfish died yesterday and I am not forgot about the light since I brought It long time ago... Haven't test the nitrate yet

But is my anemone ok tho?

Last edited by a moderator:
But is my anemone ok tho?

No, it is not OK. Tell us more about that light of yours, as this could be part of the problem...though the ammonia reading is extremely bad and poisonous to more resilient creatures...the anemone being part of the most sensitive part. I would be very interested in what killed off your clownfish to begin with as most likely the start of all of this.

Not sure what killed the clownfish it just gone missing and found it dead the next day :p

Also how did you acclimate it? I would think that if your T5 lighting is a year old those bulbs are no good anymore and should be replaced. Clownfish usually don't just die, I would be wanting to find out what's going on in the tank before I added a sensitive creature...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Never mind... The BTA just grown back to normal size a few hours ago with my clown now hosting it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408415222.626336.jpg

Well, still hard to tell. Your anemone is bleached. Can you tell us about your lighting? Anemone require intense lighting to survive, like a bush you plant in your yard that requires being in the sun all day and no shade.

that's the color when I got it from the store o.o

Sadly, sometimes all too common. So, can you tell us about your lighting? You said it was T5HO earlier right? How many bulbs and what is the size of your tank?

I think it's a T5 and not a T5HO however it got 4x5 bulb which I am running 2 over my 29gallon standard tank (the ppl who sell me it say it's enough)

I am short of confuse... Let me take a pic tomorrow...

this is my light when I brought it they told me it's t5 I am not sure myselfImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408481710.129291.jpg

Back
Top Bottom