EBO-JAGER heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diverdude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just bought a couple of 250w ebo-jager heaters and discovered a water level line, and not to immerse below it. I thought these heaters were totally submersible. Is any one using them submersed?

diverdude 8O

heaters

While I have never used this brand of heater, most of the submersible heaters have a water line on them. The heater must be in the water at least up to this line to function properly. Basically, don't let the water level drop below the line. I think that is what you will find to be the case with these. If the water gets much below the line, the thermostat will not function correctly and may risk cracking the glass tube.
Logan J

I have two of the exact same heater and they are totally submerged.

I agree with logan that the water line is more of a min submerged mark since the heater element will heat up the glass and the fact there is a themestat in them that would need to be below the surface of the water.

We bought two from Big Als...when we got them, we noticed that on the box it said Not submersible. We called Big Als, thinking that maybe they sent us the wrong heater. Not so, apparently in canada, they are not allowed to sell submersible heaters because it violates their safety codes.
They told us the heaters were submersible, but we got boxes that were labeled for canada and not the u.s.. The line is actually a do not go below this line, but for canada. The same heaters go in both boxes, just the messaging is different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom